Will he still be attracted to me despite my body?

I've met a guy online and we really like each other. We're meeting soon but I'm just really nervous!
He's overweight too so he understands and insists he likes me for me, he doesn't care too much about looks. I'm still insecure about it though :/ we've both placed a lot of pressure on us meeting lol. He's already told his family about me and we've already told eachother we really like each other so it better work out :P I just don't feel attractive at all with my body (I'm somewhat chubby). I do get guy attention when in real life too so maybe I am still considered attractive? I don't know lol
Is it likely he'll still fancy me?

• Yes
  • Not sure
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. For one he's not looking into your body
    2. In this case like rest of the times you ask, pics will help
    3. YOU however, young lady are one hot and beautiful girl and I always wonder why this happens all the time (below)
    guidetowomen.files.wordpress.com/.../...-jokes.jpg

Ok I vote 'A' as will everyone else :D <3

• Thank you! :D :) haha I love that pic :P

• Thank YOU for the upvote and you're always welcome with pleasure :D

That pic's a fact too ;)

• Thank you for the MH, beautiful young lady :) <3

oh you went anon? why? EVERYONE loves seeing your pic on the profile :D <3 <3

Most Helpful Girl

• You're super cute, you have nothing to worry about when it comes to being attractive.

I met plenty of guys after having talked to them online. Here's my ice breaker "Kiss him, you know; a really good kiss on the lips" Everything seems so much less tense afterwards, if anything he'll be a bit shocked but then it's easier sailing from there. And I'm super shy, and that's my way of breaking the ice lol.

• Thank you :)
      hahaha I like that idea, wouldn't have the confidence to do it but I like it lol
      what do you think is the least awkward first date scenario? We already know pretty much everything about each other, so what will we talk about? Argh I'm so nervous lol

• Aw that's actually really romantic lol :) did your best friend understand?

• Nope, she was mad at me when he broke up with her. And she stopped talking to me. Hubby and I saw her the other day in a store lol, I was like,.. Kimberly,.. Yannick, Yannick,.. Kimberly. ( I was being polite, what was I supposed to say! ) and she just gave him this nasty look like,.. you're still an asshole even though it's been 9 years since I've last seen you.

What Guys Said 19

• Well, I don't know about the rest of it but I'd say again that you're attractive. In fact, "chubby" isn't necessarily a bad thing. Personally, I find that girls who are a bit "chubby" or "curvy" are my favorite type. It's hard to find though, because a lot of girls are either very overweight, or they are all skin and bones - finding someone in the perfect middle ground is very rare. I'm not into obesity, obviously, but I'm not into girls who are too skinny either. They don't have any curves to play with. I'm really not into women like Victoria's Secret models or Playboy Playmates because they are just too thin. On the other hand, no other body shape excites me like the curvy shape. It's so natural and feminine. I find that a little bit of a tummy is very cute - way more so, to me, than a flat surface or chiseled abs. I want a girl who I can cuddle with. I want someone I can wrap myself around and feel her softness and warmth. And, I love how chubby girls wiggle more, how they bounce around when they walk... ahhh it just leaves me stunned, I lose my thoughts and start to feel all fuzzy... it really is like being buzzed after having too much to drink... I could go on, but I'll leave it there :)

Long story short, everyone likes different body types. But there are definitely guys out there like me who not only accept your type, but strongly prefer it. So be confident, because your body type is someone's favorite!

• Ooh great advice! Very reassuring! :D

• Physical attraction isn't the be all end all! The connection you two have already is what counts. And he honestly seems really invested, already told the family, pretty major step.

When it comes to stuff like this, most guys weigh what can be and what can't. NOT THAT IT NEEDS FIXING, <---this! But you can work on a better body IF YOU yourself are displeased with it. But he can't find another girl so easily to connect with emotionally, which the distance and online has established for you guys, a great chemistry :).

Plus can't not be attracted to a girl who's a fan of TVD. He will still be attracted ;)

• Haha thank you so much for this, makes me feel more optimistic about things :D

• Haha... that's grrreat!! Happy to help :)

• I little cubby is nice natural fats attractive, girls are supposed to have a little fats, no need to go skeleton, be confident and don't be like he is your last hope, have fun enjoy that matters! Most if you and him had spark then you size shape does not matters

• Sorry I didn't see your profile pic, girl you are so beautiful +hot. Take care of you looks and things until you are not in front of him but when in front of him focus on being with conversation and building up the spark, to ignite the relationship, maybe Google up some tips to built up the spark.

• Aw thank you! Great advice I will :)

• I don't think you should be concerned because for him looks doesn't seem to matter, so don't worry. I am sure he likes you irrespective of your looks, or he doesn't overlooking your physical looks

• I really think he will look past your body into that beautiful soul Alex.

• Being overweight for a girl is no where fucking near as bad as being overweight for a guy, So you should be fine.

• He's overweight, more so than me and I find him very attractive.

• There's guys who have been interested in me who had six packs lol but I'm way more interested in this guy. For some girls, they won't find overweight guys attractive but me personally I think they look way more cuddly lol and I love cuddles!

• You are one in a billion then, there are probably 2 or 3 other people like you on this planet, Congrats.

• A little chubby is not a big deal, cause if your a guy you can hug a little more tightly without the worrying your going to hurt the girl.

• Haha true

• Well don't be cause your the one who's getting his attention just show you want the relationship. Smile giggle here and there and have a good time. Otherwise he's going to think what did I eff up this time on this date. :) if your confident he will be to

• Aw okay :) thanks, good advice!

• The dude likes you and is really excited to meet you. Doubt he'd tell his family about you if he wasn't really looking forward to being with you. Don't stress so much. Just relax and have fun.

• Thanks for the advice :D it's reassuring :P

• Do you have honest online pictures? If you do then he already knows what he's getting, and he wouldn't want to meet otherwise.

• I do, I'm usually in a dress though

• Yes he will! You're really sweet and chill, and attractive :)

• Thank you :)

• Aw thank you :)

• You're welcome :) i hope it goes well keep me posted!

• You'll be fine. I have a bigger friend who exclusively chases bigger girls.

Common ground to relate on.

• He's not going to stop having feeling for you just because of your looks.

• So if those feelings are already there they will most likely not go away?

• Aww thank you :)

• You're very much welcome. And don't worry too much because dating is all about having a good time while looking for a connection.

• You look really cute in your profile picture so I'd day he will definitely be attracted to you

• "It has better work out." Wrong attitude!

• Lol why?

• You are putting pressure on him and yourself if you think this "had better work out." Maybe it will and maybe it won't. Maybe he's not The One. If he's not The One, do you want to settle for a second-tier contender or would you rather wait for The One?

• Good point

• As long as he truly loves you he won't care what your body looks like.

• You are overweight? :O

Anyway... it seems a cute story :) Good luck.

• HE TOLD HIS FAMILY? VAT ?

If you feel insecure, imagine what he must be feeling ! ;P

• What do you mean lol? :P

• Guys don't go telling their parents about their girlfriends
      unless he really likes her, I think.
      That's what I'm saying. ;P

• Oh cool!

• Usually the body builds the attraction

• Have you told him you're chubby?

• Yeah he said he's fine with it but I'm still insecure lol

• He should be okay with it then :)

What Girls Said 7

• There are different types of attraction. The most immediate attraction is usually physical because people visually see a person before getting to know them. Emotional attraction is over a certain amount of time when one gets to know the other person's personality and actually like them for who they are on the inside. I'm sure he is very attracted to you no matter what shape or size you are

• Sounds to me like he must or he wouldn't have told his family about you already.

He sounds like he's really sweet and does really like you.

• Aww he is, I like him SO much.

• Then I think you will be fine! :) I know the feeling though. I have the same problem with guys and even though they say I'm pretty and they still like me, I still second guess myself out of fear!

Just try to be brave and hope for the best! I'm sure if he's saying he likes you and stuff then he does. Plus he's also probably just as nervous as you and may even have the same fears!

Try to just look forward to it and have a good time!

• Aw thank you so much! :) good luck to you too! :D

• Can I vote a hell yes? You seem like a very sweet lady, I'm sure he'll like you. Just because you're overweight or chubby doesn't mean no one isn't going to like you. Personality goes a long way, a perfect body won't. If he doesn't like you he's the biggest jerk in the world. Ps when y'all get married, let me know lol 😉

• Aw thank you lol ❤️

• You're beautiful, he'll love you. Tho i would recommend toning down the pressure a bit. Just approach it like a 1st date. If you're too nervous it'll make things uncomfortable. Relax and have fun... you aren't engaged, its a date.

You got this girl

• Aw thanks!! :D <3
      Good advice too, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself :P

• Of course he will. He loves your personality doesn't he? I've been in the same sitiation almost actually. When I met my boyfriend, I was afraid he would think I was too chubby. Turns out that he was still attracted to me, and he loved me for me. If he loved you, he would look past all those insecurities and see you for the person you are on the inside.

• Thanks for your advice :D good luck to you and your boyfriend too :)

• You're welcome and good luck to the both of you. :)

• Being chubby doesn't make you any less beautiful than you already are. My gut tells me he'll look past your weight (which is only looked down on because of petty societal standards) and like you for you. If he doesn't, trust me, you don't want that kind of man in your life.

• Of course he will. Relax!