Why do people push everyone away whenever they date someone?

Like seriously, this person just becomes their whole world and they don't spend time with anyone but that person. I see that all the time, what are they going to do when they breakup and realize they now have no friends, hobbies or interests?

Most Helpful Girl

• I ask this question all of the time too. I have tons of hobbies that are completely separate to my boyfriend so if we do ever end up breaking up, at least I'll have something. Same with friends, I don't stop hanging out with friends either. They're the most important of my life.

Most Helpful Guy

• if that happens its because they really like the other person, to an unhealthy level.

What Girls Said 1

• I know how you feel. I feel like it's unhealthy to basically give your all to that person without having a life of your own. I get that people in love want to spend a lot of time with the person they want to be with, but sometimes a small amount of distance can help them more.

What Guys Said 0