Which gender do you think cares more about looks?

• Guys
  • Girls
Bump
Bump.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Women hands down... but they swear its all about confidence and personality.

What Girls Said 10

• Both care about looks, but I'd say guys care a bit more. Since they're very visual.

• Guys do. For the anon MHO winner "but they swear its all about confidence and personality" - I do swear by that and I stick to it. Looks will only take you so far. I have liked guys that people deemed I was out of their league, but I didn't feel that way. The guy I currently liked, I never would have thought I'd be interested in him. Yeah, I thought he was cute... like a teddy bear, but I wasn't interested in more than friends stuff. His confidence and personality won me over completely. Guys who say the stuff like the anon guy said are just saying it because they don't want to put the blame on themselves.

• t's difficult to answer that absolutely. But a lot of studies do suggest that men put more emphasis on looks, and women put more success on money and social status. This is of course, not a universal truth.

Women do care about looks to some degree, and some more than others. And men do occasionally care about women's accomplishments and status, but statistically, looks are more essential to men than to women.

• Tbh people always say guys just like blonde barbie girls and girls just like guys with a good personality but really I think girls care just as much about looks as guys do.

• Their own looks, girls. The opposite genders looks, guys.

• Girls more

• I think it's probably girls that cares about looks more then guys

• Guys for sure. They are more visual, therefore they care more about a girl's appearance.

• I think a lot of people would think it's girls but I think that's cause we are supposed to be like that, I guess it's a stereotype while guys are supposed to focus on other things and those who pay too much attention to looks get called on. I guess guys hide it better but overall I think it's pretty equal

• I think us girls go crazy over how we look as well as how our guy looks. Like yea, personality matters, but looks matter nearly as much.

What Guys Said 14

• Probably guys.

Girls are often solely judged by their looks, their worth going up and down solely based on whether she is attractive or not. Hell, if anything this is proven by the fact that they are the gender that is socially acceptable to put make up on. A product that is intended to remove physical flaws.

If a guy isn't good looking, he has other things to fall back on (money, personality, etc).

Not saying looks don't matter to girls at all, of course they do, hell, some girls are WAY more vain that a typical guy, but the question was about which gender cares MORE about looks. And overall, I'd say it probably goes to guys.

• Girls are pickier about looks for casual sex
    Guys are picker about looks for long-term relationships

• Well, that's tough to answer but I think it's women who care more than men as far as looks are concerned

• Both genders care about looks. When a woman notices a guy from across the room, his personality isn't what catches her eye.

• I'd say it's about equal, honestly.

• In general it's pretty much even. So after that, it just depends on the individual.

• Guys really don't care too much as long as a girl isn't too fat.

• Girls because they put on make up and use push up bras.

• This depends, is this online or in person?

• Obviously girls.

• I'm surprised that it's mostly girls . . . .

• Girls care more

• is this a serious question * rolls eyes*

• Guys care more but girls are more able to be picky about it, so it probably is about equally important for either sex to be good looking.