Is there a way to tell if I don't actually like this guy?

I met this guy through my friend's boyfriend and at first we hit it off, we have some good friends in common, he's funny and smart and seems to really like me. But the more we talk to each other the less interested I get. I don't think I'm very attracted to him and there are seemingly irrelevant things about him that just kind of turn me off even though I like him as a person. I don't want to lead him on but I want to figure out if I actually want to date him or if I'm just interested because he seems so into me. I also can't tell if I just want to shut this down because I'm afraid of being with someone. I've never been in a relationship before and I guess I've always thought it was gonna happen by someone blindsiding me with how much I like them/they like me. Is that naive? Also he's not a bad looking guy and I feel shallow for not being attracted to him but I guess that could be a factor for me? I don't know, I just feel so weird about it and I don't want to hurt him, I think we'd be good friends but I don't know if I want anything more than that. I think I just need some outside feedback.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a chance so dont waste it away and give the guy time to show his true core u can't just put him down like that u don't know how much he's thinking of every single act, word, joke, text message he does towards u so I think it all needs time, if not then everyone goes in his own way, peace

• that's a good point, it hasn't been very long since we met

• What are the things that turn u off about him?

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't like him. If you need to question it, you probably don't. Plus you should be attracted to them. I have had attraction to guys, who aren't even really that attractive, but when you like someone you just are attracted to them, even if they aren't that attractive normally. Or at least in my case.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• omg the story of my life, haha, but yes give him an opportunity, i was just like that with my boyfriend, but i gave him an opportunity, and having somebody who liked you first is the best thing, cause they are not assholes, he'll treat you like a queen :) , if you still don't like him, then just break up with him… but i would really recommend giving him an opportunity

• You don't like him at all like that and that's ok. Just let him know and find someone else