Why is he texting me less?

I met a guy about three weeks ago. We've been hanging out, and it's really good when we hang out. He always ends each hang out by making sure he'll see me again.

He's moving away somewhere 5 hours away in January, and my assumption is that he doesn't want a relationship. He has not explicitly said he doesn't want one, but it seems to go without saying that he won't want one. I've joked about having a future boyfriend and dating other people and he has not cared at all. He hasn't hinted at a relationship or anything like that. He is, however, a "go with the flow" kind of guy and I think that he is testing the waters sometimes.

He stopped texting me all the time recently after I went to Vegas. He is still texting me, just much less. He did say he wants to see me and he invited me out to his birthday with his friends. It's the first time I'll be meeting them. It isn't as if he doesn't want to see me again.. I think. So why is he texting me less all of a sudden?

Oh and I have been texting him consistently. He's just replying much less when he would reply immediately and all day before.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• If he doesn’t text as much, he has probably lost his enthusiasm or met someone new. Maybe you should text him less, give him some space, and let him see that you and your happiness are not depending on that small attention from him. Be more indifferent, but don’t cut all connections. Answer him, but not right away. If you consider him as a friend, do continue to hang out and to chat. But if you are romantically interested, I say drop him. He is already distancing himself from you so I have to say that a relationship is less probable. And even if you end up together, the time you will spend with him will not be enough to build a durable relationship that could outlast the distance.

• Is he distancing himself because he's realizing I have a life outside of him, and that I am probably meeting other guys as well? Isn't inviting me out to his birthday kind of a big deal though?

• Hm, you said that when you mentioned about a future boyfriend he didn’t show any signs of jealousy. He either hid his feelings really well or he really doesn’t care about your situation with other men. He might be distancing himself for that reason or he might do it because he started having feeling for you, and he doesn’t wish for these feelings to develop, seeing that he will move away in a short while. He might have seen that things were probably getting serious and he wanted to stop this before it was too late, and you were both involved too deeply. A birthday party isn’t such a big deal, in my honest opinion. He might have invited you out of courtesy, just trying to be polite. You should definitely keep your options opened, meet and chat with new guys, especially at his party. If you can, observe his demeanor, see what his reaction is, and based on that, you act.

• Loss of interest?