Does my boyfriend not want me hanging out with him?

My boyfriend (24) and I (25) haven't been together long but I feel like he's reluctant to introduce me to his friends or invite me out with them. My boyfriend seems to see his best mate and girlfriend (lets call them Matt and Anna) a lot but cos Anna is best mates with my boyfriend's ex, who still hangs around with them all, I seem to never be invited anywhere. I'm not the jealous type and have no problem with my boyfriend hanging out with his ex (in a group) to a certain degree but I feel like this is preventing us from doing things with his friends. My boyfriend has said that Matt and Anna want to meet me and I in turn said that sounds great and we should make a date but then he doesn't seem to plan anything further. Because it's early days, I'm not sure if I should mention anything about his ex or meeting everyone. I dont want to invite myself but I do want to be included - he just doesn't seem to get the message if I bring it up. Im not sure what the problem is but I feel like I should be invited over an ex? Could someone give me some insight or an explanation on what I should do?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• it depends on how long you have been together.

I'd say 2-3 months into dating exclusively, you can start to push on setting up this promised double date.
    If it has been longer than that, you might want to have a talk with him and ask for his reasons of delaying this meeting and the reasons why he still hangs out with his ex.
    It's good that you trust him, but if I where you, I wouldn't want to be wasting time if he is still somehow emotionally attached to his ex.

• It has only been just over a month but he's always talking about his mates so just seems weird. If it does get to 2 or 3 months, I will question it though :) I dont think there's anything emotional towards his ex apart from her connection to Anna - if he wanted to be with her, he would :) Thank you very much for your advice !

• your welcome! :-)