Is it wrong for an 17 and 13 year old to date?

The title pretty much says it all, but is it wrong for a 13 year old and 16 (nearly 17) year old to date if there isn't any physical action and the parents approve? Thanks!

• No it's not
  • Yeah it is

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really. Legal where I'm from and 3-4 years isn't that much of a difference. The only thing is that I think 13yo in general are too young to start dating and they are not very mature in my opinion, but if the parents are cool and there is no action then I don't see a big deal with just talking.

Most Helpful Girl

• At that age the two of you aren't at the same place in life and your maturity levels are way off so it's best not to date. Maybe wait another 5 years or so …

What Guys Said 9

• If there isn't any physical action: No. But then again, what's the point? In my country it would be illegal for the both of you to have sex and you'd have to wait until you turn 16 for it to become legal whereas you could have sex with other underage guys of your age. Would you really want to wait 3 years? Maybe you say it's not a big deal (yet), but I assure you, it will become one sooner rather than later. And if you don't believe me, think of your boyfriend for a second, are you sure he wants to wait that long? Guys usually don't want to wait that long.

You should definitely find out about the legal situation in your state first because there are differences across Australia.

• 13 is too early to date in general.

• Yeah that's wrong.

• 13 is a hugely different life stage to 17. The balance of power is off. It's sketchy as Fuck for a 17 year old to be attracted to a 13 year old as at that age you are still very underdeveloped, you need to ask why the pervert can't get a girl his own age, it's just unsafe and inappropriate. If you did do it though buy some mace and if he's ever trying to do anything sexual with you spray him in his pervert eyes.

• In my country, I would go straight to jail!

• Yes, because there's too much of age difference between the two. Wait 5 more years. Then see where you are at, mentally.

• Very wrong, there's a huge mental and physical difference between a 13 year old and a 17 year old...

• Only on Tuesdays kid

• Yes but only bcz that 13 year old is quite young for dating.

What Girls Said 9

• Yes it is... 3 about to be 4 is a big deal when you're that young.

He's a Jr in high school and you're still in Jr high. Even if you're not having sex in sure the conversation or things like sexting will come up.

He's older and more mature than you are and by the time yiureyin high school he'll either be in college or you'll only have one year together.

Also there's a good chance that it just won't last because young love doesn't but the fact that he's older and can do things that you can't makes it 10x more likely that it won't last and he'll break it off for someone his own age or a girl that's older than him.

• None of our advice is going to sink into this girl's head. She's too young to understand any of the consequences we've all shared with her. She's a kid pretending to wear adult shoes with her childish arguments.

• Well, I wouldn't want to be in a relationship like that at that age.

• Eww that is so gross. I would never date anyone that much younger than me. I'm 17. Eww. They are like, a child. I'm almost an adult. That is just, eww.

• Yes it's wrong. One is only about a year away from becoming a legal adult, whereas the other is still just a child. Very wrong.

• The 13 year old is being set up for disaster. No. Awful idea.

• Absolutely disgraceful. That is a young man and you are a child, the mentality is different, he is a hormonal teenager and you are growing too, so you're judgement is not very wise at this age.

• if your the 13 year old then there is gonna be physical stuff, and a lot of pressuring, but love is blind so its not strange, just a bit but there is gonna be physical stuff

• A 13 year old is too young to be dating.