I like this guy and he likes me but I feel like his close friend will always be higher than me and more important:( read description for more?

I like this guy and he likes me but it hasn't got serious yet. His close/best friend is a girl, they had a thing and after it didn't work out they decided to be close friends and it worked. If I asked him if she was his best friend he'd be like "nah" but when I ask her she says they are "best buddies for life". Me and him are really good friends but also with feelings for eachother. They are good friends minus feelings. I always do my best for him. Speak to him everyday. Invite him out and round mine. Buy him things when he runs out of money like food when we're out and about not expensive things. Hug him. Have parties with him. And he returns these things too. It's fun. We do laugh together but him and this girl, she can make him so happy and she gets him in tears on the floor of laughter. She can make him admit things and he opens up to her more than me. I feel like he cares about her more and she makes him happier. I've known him 6 months and she's known him for years. That probably explains it but I really do like him and I do more things for him then she does but all she has to do is make him laugh and he's her. They're not in love or anything. I guess I'm just jealous that I can't do what she does to him:( any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• " If I asked him if she was his best friend he'd be like "nah" but when I ask her she says they are "best buddies for life"."

^so is he still seein her as more than a friend? but he just accepted to be friends wid her in order to not "lose" her?

"Me and him are really good friends but also with feelings for eachother. They are good friends minus feelings. I always do my best for him. Speak to him everyday. Invite him out and round mine. Buy him things when he runs out of money like food when we're out and about not expensive things. Hug him. Have parties with him. And he returns these things too. It's fun. "

^sounds like u r a level above than just friends actually... ;)

"We do laugh together but him and this girl, she can make him so happy and she gets him in tears on the floor of laughter. She can make him admit things and he opens up to her more than me. I feel like he cares about her more and she makes him happier. I've known him 6 months and she's known him for years"

^so i guess u feel "out of competition" right?

i understand though... after all i believe he still has feelings for her i believe... see wott he said... ---> " If I asked him if she was his best friend he'd be like "nah""

"That probably explains it but I really do like him and I do more things for him then she does but all she has to do is make him laugh and he's her. They're not in love or anything. I guess I'm just jealous that I can't do what she does to him:( any advice?"

^actually i believe he considers u his 2nd best option... she's his 1st option...

so if in case she becomes unavailable possibly he'll run to u i believe... ;)

What Guys Said 2

• pull him aside or find him when he is alone and express your feelings, tell him about how you feel and try to get him to express his feelings to you as well. i do know your struggle even though i am a guy but just express yourself. with all due luck, he will feel the same as you and maybe ask you out

• he hates you

What Girls Said 0