Who actually enjoys being single?

I won't lie, being single is actually really awesome. No worries about 'checking in' you don't have to please a partner constantly, and my favorite no more dealing with any of that jealousy BS. Yup it's pretty darn great.😎 I'll date in due time, RN I am loving it though. More money for shopping! $$$
πŸ’°πŸ‘—πŸ‘–πŸ‘™πŸ‘ πŸ‘’πŸ’„πŸ‘œπŸ‘›πŸ‘’πŸ’…bye feliciasπŸ’

• IM A PLAYER FOR LIFE😈
  • I πŸ’™ it at the moment, it's not bad at all. Life is good.😎
  • SERIAL DATER HERE Jersey shore ain't got shit on MEEEπŸ’©
  • I am so lonely, and cold... where am I?😒
  • IDGAF (aka I'm bitter and in denial)πŸ˜“
  • I'm thirsty but I can't get laid 😫😭

Most Helpful Guy

• Given where I stand in my life, it's best for me to stay single. I can focus my time and energy on getting things done and accomplishing my goals that will shape a good part, of not, the rest of my life.

Maybe once I have my life together, then I'll consider dating. Sometimes I feel like I wish I had someone to be affectionate with and make love to, however, that would only slow me down and quite possibly cause me to lose my focus (it has happened before).

More money to take care of myself and more time/energy to climb life's ladder.

Most Helpful Girl

• I enjoy life regardless of my relationship status. I think some people really need to learn that they don't need a relationship to be happy.

What Guys Said 34

• I was single for a very long time and it was great the freedom, but i always longed to be able to share my heart and life with someone and when i found the right person for me it become something really beautiful our love just kept growing and growing and what a journey it has been together. I actually enjoy being married with the girl i love.

I know people who are happy single and enjoying life, for me though i always wanted to be committed to a girl and spend a lifetime building memories together and now that my wife is expecting our daughter i could not be happier.

• Vote G

Happily married and have always desired to be. For me, single was that status that I occupied until I got married. Single is a status I'll never be again. Thank God.

• Sorry, I forgot include an "I'm tied down" opinion, maybe this poll was just a tad biased. 😐

• But that's amazing and congrats on your marital success!😄 Those are eventual goals as well.

• Well, suffice it to say I didn't want to be single this way.

I get that being single has its perks. Sometimes I enjoy them. My wife couldn't handle sailing (too seasick), so I do a bit more of that these days. However, I'd swallow the anchor (give up sailing altogether) for just another day with her.

I tend to dislike the implications that people who don't want to be single don't know how to enjoy being single. That's not necessarily true, though sometimes it is. A lot of single people who want to be in relationships do have fun with their time. It's just that they would like to have fun and be in love.

by the way, I've noticed a lot of people singing the praises of singlehood are young. I know people my age who, not by choice, are single and never found love. When they were the age of most of the young folk here, they were singing the same song. "Woo hoo! Love being single! All this me time!!!" Now they are singing a very different tune.

Nothing wrong with loving single status.
    Nothing wrong with wanting to find love.

• Sorry what.

There's no such thing as a 'player for life' on GaG. B*tch sit the f*** down m8.

I'm a special kind of single. I enjoy just being around other girls. I would sometimes go out / hangout with them, be close and intimate with them, flirty and a little romantic but hardly will i ever get serious unless she is the girl i truly want to pursue (I'm talking engagement).

It's really awesome... you guys should try it... because you get the enjoyment and companion without playing with people's hearts or being all committed and dedicated (basically draining the fun out).

You're reaping a lot of the benefits, but you're not risking yourself or getting into anything deep that'll start causing. I'd say it's a good deal. Worth it.

• by the way, the first to sentences were aimed toward those that chose 'player' 😂😂😂

• Oh lordddd. 😂

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o9gf_soFBM

ALLL BY MYYYSEEEEEllllffff
    Don't want to be... alll BYYYyyy myself any more...

• I think it sucks a big weenie. It gets tiring cooking for just yourself, canoeing, camping, movies, restaurants you name it.

• After a certain amount of time I can see myself getting tired of being single too, I won't lie, but initially it's not so bad. All those things sound fun. 😊

• I enjoy both on certain terms...

My body and mind let me know when it is ready to end the single world and find that special woman in my life.

Being with someone is always best, in my opinion, until it becomes obvious it is over. Then being single is better than staying with that person.

Being single is necessary when recovering from losing someone you really cared for in a breakup.

• I agree that single life is enjoyable, but for different reasons than you, and none of the options acurately describes my scenario. I am not looking at the negatives of a relationship and thinking life is great without them (like you are), but instead, I simply see no benefit to having a relationship. I enjoy being alone for long periods of time, and thought of having to be in constant contact with someone all throughout the day, everyday, sounds tiresome and tedious. As for sex, there are ways to get that without a relationship.

• I sometimes like it, other times I wish I had someone. I certainly don't wanna die single.

• I'm not saying you have to be permanently single, but rather if you're enjoying single-hood atm? I like relationships but right now being single is just more convenient.

• @Illusive_Man better to just drop it

• I was talking to my psychiatrist 3 weeks ago and I told her about the two choices we basically come to ,
    one managing loneliness if we are alone or managing frustrations of relationships. I told her that I find loneliness much harder to manage.
    She said that 80% of the people she meet in the Mental Health Unit have that same problem , they really struggle managing their loneliness. This could be a question all on its own.

• Interesting perspective. I like a change in scenery. Let me know if you decide to speak on this in a future post. 😊

• as you get older , pass 40 , if you are still single and you were not blessed with children, your view \on being single changes and the world around you also. Until 40 , I would say up to 45 , I was too busy and on the go to think about it, but ageing alone changes a lot of things, So to the younger crowd on GAG, enjoy every day of your life, and if you can, organize your life so you do not age alone.

• I voted B. Being single isn't so bad. I have complete freedom to do what I want and what i wish, without having to account for others. :-D

• I have no desire to be single, plus I require a son, since I am the only one in my family who can carry on the family name for another generation.

Even now everything I do is towards the mutual end goal of marriage and kids.

• I agree with you, being single is very cool, you don't have to worry about or think about something/someone, you are just being yourself, with freedom, currently i am just happy at the moment. but i will probably change my status when i am ready.

VOTED B

• Best to be single until you find the right match.

Who am I kidding I'm thirsty as fuck.

• @DoraLikesSugar Why not make the most of being single until you meet someone and enjoy the fuck out of the relationship? PUN INTENDED.

Here allow me. πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’¦πŸŒŠβ˜”πŸŒˆ
      (If you notice, there's a rainbow at the end because it does get better.) Hope you get laid soon!

• It definitely has it's many pros, but I prefer to be in a relationship XD

• Hey you're committed 😆 shoo! Jk Pauly 💙💙💙

• You're awesome and sorry

• Forgive me for being a jerk, I was just playing around. 😊 I enjoy relationships but finding one and keeping it is just too much unwanted work. Be on the lookout for a "I'm so lonely, whyyyyy?" Post in the future. You're awesome-o!😋

• It's temporary, I'm working on it.
    Just got to build up my confidence.

Watch out ladies QMan is coming.

• i like it, low key...
    i really want a girlfriend but i love being the free stallion i am!

i like getting attention from ladies, and being flirty with everyone!
    it also keeps me on my fitness grind...
    I don't know i like it...

• True, flirting is fun. You can't do these things when you're in a committed relationship, at least you shouldn't cause you might make your partner feel bad. You're a huge flirt but I know you want a girl!😜 I can see right through you Piu 😂

• lol!
      good i try to paint a clear picture of myself ;p

• I enjoy it... I was always naturally a solo kinda guy... I think sometimes I could be one of those guys that dedicates his life to a greater cause and not have a wife and kid.

• Wow solo but selfless. That's pretty awesome. 😊🙌

• I love it. A girlfriend just takes me away from what I really enjoy doing.

• There's nothing wrong with that! 😊

• What? No way! I think having a boyfriend/girlfriend makes live even better :D

• @love2run13 Guess on your end it makes life better. But a girlfriend usually requires some level of attention and time.

Which I am not interested in giving right now.

• Nvr wanted to FRACKKKKK!!😫

• i actually do not

• That's good. 😊 You don't go on dates?

• Lucky girl she'd be indeed. 😊

• One day i hope aha

• being single sorta sucks I wanna date, get married and have 2 kids

• I don't care if I'm single or not. Enjoy life either way and take it as it comes.

• I love it, for it gives time for me

• I don't give a fuck, but I wouldn't say I'm bitter or in denial

• I was being silly haha I'm sorry if I offended anyone! I meant no harm, honest. 😊 thanks for your input.

• Aw😞💔 ummm... here! Have a cookie, quick!🍪 here's some milk too!🍵

All better?💚

• That milk looks spoiled. 😂

• I FUCKING HATE IT X_X

• I haven't had a girlfriend for around 3 months now and I have actually enjoyed being single I can flirt with like 3 girls a day and get no hate what so ever but I do like to b alone than be with people

• Why is there no in between/no comment choice?

• I guess you could vote idgaf? Sorry about that dude.

• In all honesty, I've complained about being single, in the past. But after a couple coffees, in my hyperactive self-awareness, I realized I wouldn't know what I'd do if I had one, right now. Has little, if anything, to do with bitterness and denial.

• I went 5 years without one, a few more won't kill me.

• Duuuuuuuuude.

• I used to be a player then I actually had to do something with my life, for now 😈😈😈

• I voted B. I feel free and I can focus on improving myself and have time to grow.

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 26

• #commitmentphobe

I realized a while ago that I am just not good in relationships. I am just not comfortable with titles at the moment. For me, it's not so much that I don't want to be with someone, but actually being with that person in a committed way scares the hell out of me. I've taken a break from dating and I'm okay with that. I'd rather enjoy the single life and just have fun with friends... if I had a lot of them...

I like all of the aspects and benefits of a relationship which sucks since I don't actually want to be in one so I can't get any of that. Luckily, I have my best friend, though. He cuddles with me, haha. Cuddles are what I love the most. I think that's like the biggest reason I would even want a relationship, haha.

Relationships are cool, but the single life keeps calling me. <3

• More money for sure!

But even that isn't enough to make me want to be alone. I've always preferred to be in a relationship

• I'm not mad at that, relationships can be amazing😊

• It has its pros and cons. I rather enjoyed being single for the last few years. I am at the point now where I am ready to not be single, but am not in a rush. Tbh, it depends on the day. Lol. There are days when I am thinking that I am so glad that I am single because I don't have worry about not cooking something that particular day and getting bitched at for it. Then there are days when I don't want to be single because I am the only one amongst a group of friends at a crawfish boil or a Christmas gathering that isn't part of a couple. These are just little examples and not the only reasons or to be taken wholly seriously. I pulled them out of my ass, but you get the point. Lol. I will say that Christmas is the biggest time of the year that being single gets to me. I have to share my kids on Christmas, so I end up by myself. I spent the last two years by my parents, so I wasn't entirely alone, but it's just not the same.

• Aww I definitely feel you Crystal! I wish we lived closer to each other so we could keep each other company and do fun girl stuff! You're a great woman any man would be lucky to have you, you're a prize for sure 😊 let's just try and be positive for now though, because soon enough someone is bound to snatch you up!😘

• Lmao, as long as you have snacks you're all good! 😊 That would be ironic and sad though. Lol 😕 somebody get the lunchables 😆

I haven't been yet either, but I really want to! Or I should say NEED TO. Jeez I deserve it lol. Mani pedi days are awesome😊💅

• Haha! Yes! Where are the lunchables?😉

• Finally a question for me! Yes I actually enjoy being single.

I've tried dating/being in a relationship and it just wasn't for me... At least for now. When it's official I don't want to call him, text him, or see him. Pretty much it's I'll see you when I see you. Honestly a guy would have a better chance with me if we weren't dating or if we didn't make offical. I just need my freedom!

What can I say I'm committed to not committing *shrug shoulders*

• Lol I know yours struggle all too well! I've never had a problem finding a boyfriend but I start feeling suffocated quickly if my man needs constant attention, phone calls, gets jealous easily, doesn't want me to have guy friends, or even girl friends. I've always been a social butterfly I absolutely hate being treated like an object or thing someone owns. I'm in love with love but commitment is a lot of work at times. I'm not a cheater or untrustworthy but I get annoyed if I can't have my space, no air kills the fire. Without fire a relationship is dull. #SingleGirlsRejoice ❀

• Preach! Lmfao

• Currently enjoying it at the moment ahah 💙 even if I wanna be in a relationship, I guess I have to find a guy that wants me first right 😂 so there's that, hard to find, even harder to keep these days.

• I'm with you on that one hundred percent 😊

• So sweet💕 thank you.😘

• You're welcome 😊

• Since I don't know what it's like to be in a relationship at all I probably don't appreciate my single life the way I should lol

• Depends on how you think you should 'be single' I guess, what do you think you should be doing vs. what you really wanna do as a single woman!😊 there's no wrong answer

• I've been single my whole life so I'm very lonely :( I'm so sick of being single, all of the good aspects of singleness have turned shitty and totally boring to the point where I can't appreciate any aspect of being single anymore cuz I haven't ever entered the land of relationships... xD
    (being overly dramatic cuz its fun...) haha

• *Raises hand*
    Me, me, meeee!
    http://i60.tinypic.com/o5xaag.jpg

Lol. I just love my freedom

• Love me. Love life. No qualms. :D

• The only ones who enjoy being single are those who have been in a relationship less than 5 years ago. After that it really starts to hurt.

• That's true. I've never been single over 5 years, I feel your point though.

• I can get laid. But I'm young and I'm not thirsty.

• Although I wish I had someone to share life with, at the same time it is nice to not have to consider anyone else when I make decisions.

• I'm focusing on other things at the moment. I have been in a bitter dating scene. So when the time is right that's when I can have an So. I don't enjoy being single but I am not going to train wrecked by it.

• Same here but being single doesn't always mean you HAVE TO date, I like the spontaniety of meeting a new person, unplanned. It seems more 'magical' that way, when I'm single I enjoy the attention I get and knowing people are interested or find me attractive makes me feel good but personally, I never feel pressure to date. From experience it's a recipe for disaster

• I can see why you'd want it and I get why you don't. Since its not the right time you're doing great by focusing on your goals first. Life opens many doors for love, I'm certain nobody is meant to get left behind. 😊

• Even when I was in a relationship I never had to check in but the jealousy bs annoyed me

• I don't always like being single, but most of the time I do 😊😉

• JERSEY SHORE ain't GOT SHIT ON ME CHULA ;) 😘😍 :*

• Me! Loving the single life, it's fun! :)

• Lonelyyy. This isn't what I meant when I said I like the cold.. ;c

• Vote A x 1000000000000000000000000000!!! :)

• You are a true female player! 👌 I love how you can identify it as what it is!! That's wassup. 💯😄

• (smiling)
      I get bored easily + luuuuuuuuuuurve the D :P

• I want someone that fit me as well as my last relationship, i really miss that

• Yeah I get you. 😕 I think you should try and make the most of being single for its not the end of the world and it probably won't last forever.😊

• Don't let it bring you down, your friend just doesn't know any better.😜
      I hope your heart heals and you can be super happy you deserve it! Go shopping😊

• Haha thank you

• I like being single its fun 😎

• I love being single , it just means I'm awesome and strong enough to by myself

• Amen to that!😊 someone will catch on to your awesomeness 💖

• Preach girl! Lol but I enjoy being single, I don't need a guy to make me happy. A relationship is so intimate and I don't feel comfortable enough with anyone right now to want to be in a relationship with them

• I've got my future planned out to the minute... I'll deal with dating once I have a stable income, a home to call my own, and my cat by my side. :)

• I'd vote B, but I'm not bitter or in denial, lol.
    Been single my whole life; wouldn't want it any other way :)

• I enjoy being single, and one plus all the one night stands!