Am I being overboard with my boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for three years during these three years he hasn't cheated on me from what I know he's a very friendly guy so he attracts a lot of friends and gets along with everybody anyways it's been an issue ever since we don't go to the same college he makes all these kinds of friends even girls and it makes me feel uncomfortable we broke up due to this issue before lately we have been just fighting he doesn't listen to anything I say one of his friends that are girls message to him yesterday and he didn't respond back and it made me feel suspicious and he likes a girl's picture today he never usually does this every since we've been arguing I feel like he's giving me a push back I told him if he can't stop doing these things I can't be with him he does kind of that he does stupid things like I don't know if I can handle this anymore any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• To me, it sounds like you have a big fear of loss.
    Issue is that to him, you have jealousy and control issues.

I suggest you make sure what you both knowwhat counts as cheating, and let him talk to girls.

That being said, as soon as it gets secretive after he knows that you are comfortable with his platonic relationships, I'd be seening redflags.

Also, I'd let him know where your feelings are stemming from (like fear of loss)

• I feel like he has done things that look bad but turned out not to be bad my family knows him and they always feel like his intentions are good I mean he's put up with a lot of my stuff and you always stay and I guess I just always worry that he's doing something behind my back like cheating or liking on another girl or texting girls and deleting the messages because he knows I go through as phone I Drive myself crazy and it gets really exhausting I don't know if what he does is a big deal or if I'm just feeling like it's a big deal

• My first emotion to if a girl was flirting with him I would automatically assume that he did something to make her flirt with him or he gave her the wrong impression

• Perhaps you need to find a way to be comfortable with your boyfriend catching the eyes of other girls ( not chasing after them of course), find it as a compliment that he chooses you over them and trust in him that he won't dishonor you.

But I'm no counciler so grain of salt and etc.

Good luck whatever you do

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you are overthinking this, which I totally fine one of the most important thing in a relationship is trust and if you can't trust someone then the relationship isn't going to work. I think you need to trust him a little bit more, liking a girls post I don't think is really a big deal maybe he just liked that picture for some reason other than flirting. Give him another chance

• I think you might be making a big deal out of this but if you want to be fore sure you can always ask a friend to watch him or find a way what he has been doing

What Guys Said 1

• Honestly, either you can trust him and not worry about the girls and guys and other people texting or you break up because you can't keep doing this to yourself. Do you feel like you can trust him, has he done anything over the last three years to make you think trusting him is out of the question. Or has he earned your trust over the three years. I say go with whatever your instincts say, they always seem to be right.

What Girls Said 0