What does "I've been talking to you for this long" mean?

So I had a one night stand with a guy that I never initally intended to speak to again. its been about a month and a half and him and i still talk and have been on a date. Since i met him near the end of summer, i had to move back to school which is 2 hours away. He has came to visit me twice.
During a drunken conversation I had mentioned something in the future and then kinda took it back by saying "well how long do u plan on talking to me?" mind u i was very intoxicated and didn't really think about what i was asking so it was like i put pressure on him bc in that situation i was honestly moving around doing other stuff just kinda speaking my mind if that makes any type of sense... basically him and i werent sitting down having a serious conversation. and his response was "Well I've been talking to you for this long haven't I?" and once i realized what i asked i immediately changed the subject bc i wasn't trying to get into that conversation.
sooooo what does that mean... does it mean anything... was it just a way to divert my attention?
Thanks in advance !

oh yeah and we rarely talk when we don't hang out... actally we don't talk, we've hung out maybe 4 times in a month, and the first night we met he said he isn't looking for something serious

Most Helpful Guy

• I would view that as he has been talking to you this long so it wasn't just a pump and dump. He has some level of interest whether it be friends with benefits or dating or just friends. He took it well considering some guys would think you were asking the "where is this going" that makes some freak out

Most Helpful Girl

• I would take it as, there is no time frame. He obviously likes you, because he continued to talk to you, despite the distance. I wouldn't worry about it too much. We do tend to overthink things after putting our foot in our mouths. I have said things that immediately came to my mind without thinking it through and regretted it. You can't change it, though. I do apologize afterwards if i felt that i may have offended someone or been wrong in my approach. We're only human and we make mistakes. Most people understand that. Just let it go.

What Guys Said 1

• Nice I been understanding your concern I've been talking to you this long. Hmm I can just take a guess it means I've stuck around this long so I can be with you a little more, I think it's an indirect answer. The answer was yes but with some smart sarcastic background
    Hope I answered your question

What Girls Said 2

• You're an important hook-up. If he wants you to spend the night you're his first choice. However it seems like he's trying to be your friends for a friends-with-benefits type of arrangement so it'll be harder for you to ever say no.

• I don't think it means anything