Does it seem like his preference is light skin girls?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year now. I'm African American and my skin tone is identical to the singer Kelly Rowland, so is my boyfriend's but he thinks he's lighter than me anyway, usually im attracted to brown/dark skin guys that's what I've dated in the past. I'm trying to figure out what made my boyfriend attracted to me and interested in dating me when he likes light skin black girls, but not white girls because he once told me he's not attracted to white girls. I know this because all of his ex's have been light, I seen pictures of them on social network not one was even close to my color, except one girl but she was probably a shade lighter than me, and I'm not sure if he was dating her. None were dark skin though. When we first met he told me I look Dominican, half Indian, half Asian and anything else that wasn't black, he also asked what I was mixed with? Its like he couldnt except he would be dating a black girl. He has never called a darker skin girl pretty except me but I've heard him call light skin girls pretty too before we started dating. I'm not asking this question in a insecure way because he loves my appearance and skin tone he has never had any resentment towards my skin tone or anything, and he says how pretty I am. However, I just want a better understanding of the situation.. what is ur opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• I noticed most black girls are so hung up on color it's sad you will get light skin girls that will only date dark skin guys just because of his color and vice versa for the guys it was a huge turn off for me

Most Helpful Girl

• nah i dont think so.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I think this whole lights kin dark skin bullshit needs to stop. It's pissing me off these days