Do you ever pull back on texting or calling someone you are dating because you don't want to come across as clingy?

Many people dislike clingy, and so maybe some of us do things like delay texting or calling someone just so they don't appear like they are.

Do you do that?

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally just make sure I am not constantly bombarding them. We have to make sure we aren't texting them every second of every single day because it does come across like we're trying to insert ourselves forcefully into their lives when we're not yet even an item. I personally don't like texting that much to begin with. I'd just do it as it comes, I don't stress but I am aware of how much I do it.

What Girls Said 10

• I actually don't text/ call anyone first in real life, especially if I'm interested in someone. I like the guy to initiate the conversation, make the effort.
    I pick up his call, text him asap IF I'm free.
    When I'm busy, I ignore his messages/ don't pick up his calls. That's just me

• I do that with literally everyone (except my best friends because they're already used to me annoying the hell out of them xD) because I feel like I'm annoying them and I hate it.

• Well I haven't experienced it in dating, but I do it with friends.

If they don't message me first every once in awhile also, I try not to message them first because it seems like I'm bothering them. However, if they do message me first and are good at responding when I do, I don't care to.

• Yes. If I wonder if a how is your day message will seem clingy, then I don't text. Even if someone is messaging me a lot, I may wait a few minutes or hours to reply so it won't seem like I'm sitting there just waiting for their text. If I am at work, I wait until my break to reply. Also, if someone doesn't respond to my sent text, I won't send another until they do.

• I use to do that. But now, no. He and I just annoy the hell out of each other and it's cool. It's refreshing and reassuring. I can be a pain in the butt, and he can. And at the end of the day, we look at each other the same.

• I do that with everyone because I feel like I shouldn't bother people so much.

• Yes I don't like being clingy :/

• When I like someone but feel like they aren't as into me, I will delay texts and most definitely hold back on texting/calling because I don't want to put them off.

• Yes, I almost always do that when it's someone I'm interested in romantically. The stereotype is that guys hate to be glued to their phones texting, and don't want to chat with the frequency that women do... So a lot of women are second guessing what is and isn't "too much," and thus end up deciding to wait for the guy to initiate most, if not all conversations. The last thing I want is to seem like Im smothering him before we have even committed to one another. Chances are I am dying to talk to the guy, and don't want to seem cold, yet I dont. If I do initiate conversation and the guy takes a while to get back to me, I automatically regret doing so at all and might retreat a little.

• All the time...

What Guys Said 4

• Yup I do. I have a very socially aggressive mentality, so I have to make a conscious effort to not bombard people.

• I normally try to find moderation when texting and calling.

• Eh, if I like someone they know it, and if I seem clingy to them then that's their problem. LOL

• Of course.