Girls, would you ever consider dating a guy who was shorter than you (Guys, would you be willing to date a girl taller than you)?

Taller/shorter by a margin of 2-3 inches. (For screening purposes, please say your height when you answer)

• Yes, I would do that.
  • No, I wouldn't do that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I wouldn't date someone shorter than me. Now before I get a lot of down votes, hear me out. I am barely 5'0 as it is, so in order to get a guy that short he would have to be much younger than me ( I haven't even met a guy who is my age that is 5'1, they're all above that.) If I was taller, say about 5'6 I wouldn't mind dating a guy that's shorter, I find all heights pretty cute tbh. I really love if a guy is tall, but that is just some thing I have, it isn't a deal breaker. I like guys of all heights 😊 personality is the real deal breaker for me

Most Helpful Guy

• Taller then me huh hmmm it would depend by like how much, I've pretty used to being with smaller women, all the ones I've been with have been short, or fun sized as I call em, and they fit easily into most overhead storage compartments ( Austin Powers reference )

What Girls Said 78

• I am currently with a guy who's shorter than me. I'm 5'10".

• I don't think I would, honestly. I love feeling small in comparison to my partner.

That being said, I'm really not picky about how much taller a guy is. I'm 5'6 and have dated a guy who was probably 5'7. I have a friend who refuses to date guys who are under 6', which I find completely ridiculous. It's not even like she's tall -- she's only 5'2.

• I once dated a shorter guy and the only person who seemed aware of our height difference was me. I threw my heels in the back of my closet and bought a few cute pairs of flats that I wore when we went out together.

He never asked me to do it, I just did it because I thought it might be emasculating if I towered over him. But now that I think about it, he probably would have been mortified if he knew I was doing it.

• I would definitely date a guy that is short but would be hesitant about dating one who is 2 or 3 inches shorter than me.
    Since I'm 5 foot 4 and as average as can be.. A 5 foot 3 or 5 foot 2 guy is kinda too short. Its obviously not a dealbreaker because if he's super hot and confidant then he could be a fucking hobbit for all I care. But I just find something so sexy about guys that are my height or just ever so slightly taller.
    One of the reasons why sometimes I'd avoid a really short guy is because I'm afraid he'll feel awkward around me. I mean I know lots of guys feel uncomfortable around girls that are a lot taller than them so I feel bad and make an extra effort to boost his sense of alpha male dominance, ultimately adding to the awkwardness.

• Sure, I'd try it out. I'm 5'2 though, so there aren't really many guys who are shorter than me and my current boyfriend is 6'0 which is frustrating :P

• I'm 5'2" too and the guys I have dated have been like 5'11" to 6'2", haha. It definitely is frustrating dating someone super tall.

• It just depends on the personality I'd of course it's not really some kind of a gap but i prefer taller men and my boyfriend is only 4 CMs taller than me and I'm totally obsessed over him..
    It's not really a big deal, Other things are way more important

• I have no freaking idea what's my height right now, I think I seriously need to get measured soon.

by the way, I'm 5'2 two years ago. And these days, it's hard to find any guys which are shorter than me lol! It's like all the guys are >5'8 and I'm a midget beside them ><

• Eh, he'd have to be really special tbh. I've only been attracted to 1 guy shorter than me in my entire life. If I REALLY liked him, I wouldn't let the height thing be a deal-breaker. Oh, and I'm 5'5.

• Dating a guy who is shorter than me by 4 inches. I'm not tall either. I'm 5'5".

• No guy is shorter than I. Lol. I'm 5'0".

• yes height isn't some extreme deal breaker as long as he isn't wayyy shorter than me

• Yes, I would, but I am 5'2" so I would prefer someone to be taller than me. I'm already short enough.

• I would, I'm 5'6".

• I don't think about things like height, so I really wouldn't care. I'm 5'6.

• My most recent ex and I met over Facebook. We live in the same town, knew the same people etc...
    I had no idea how tall he was until I met him and I found he is a bit shorter than me. It shocked me a bit at first but otherwise it didn't bother me. During the time we went out though I didn't want to wear heels as I didn't like looking taller than him lol.

I'm 5'4.

• Of course, if I liked him and we got along. I am almost 5'7" and have dated guys of all sorts of heights. One guy was 5'5".

• I'm 5'2 so it's kinda hard to find guys who are that short XD of course there are short guys.. I'm not sure if I could date a 4'11 guy, but if he's hot I would do it hahaha

• Of course, I don't see a problem with that. I'm 6'1"

• I'm 6ft. I would date men around 5ft9 - 6ft5.
    I prefer guys to be taller, but if they have a great personality why not! :)

• Yes. I'm a little taller than my guy.
    I'm 5'7.5".
    He's like 5'6"

• Height is not a deal breaker. I am more attracted to taller men, but if I would not turn someone down strictly based on their height.

• I'm like 5'4- 5'3 . My current boyfriend is like the same height lmao I first felt weird cause I never dated anyone my height , all my previous boyfriends been tall , my tallest was 6'2 but other than that it feels normal , just hate that I can't wear heels or I'll make him feel uncomfortable

• If it really came down to it and I really loved the guy than obviously I'd say yes however the guys I generally choose to go on dates with are taller than me so the chances of that happening are low... I just love feeling protected and him being bigger than me, I like that I don't know why...

• No, I wouldn't. I'm 5'8 and I wear heels a lot. I like feeling small when I'm with a tall guy. I just don't want short guys to feel insecure, cause that's happened a lot before. Even some of my guy-friends ask me not to wear heels cause they don't want to look shorter than me.

• Uhh yes, I'd date Tyrion Lannister if he weren't a goddamn fictional character.

• I've dated a guy who was 2 inches shorter than me. 2 inches shorter isn't really a big height different, he even liked it when I wore heels. So, if a guy is smart, has a good personality and if I felt the umm.. spark? I'd go on a date with him

• I'm 5'3" so I wouldn't want a guy shorter than me. I prefer guys who are 5'9"-5'11" but I would date shorter or taller than that if I liked them, it doesn't matter.

• I am 5 7" and no I would not date guys shorter than me.

• No. That's too short for me. I'm 5'6 and wouldn't want to be with someone 5'4 or 5'3

• I have dated guys shorter than me. I am 5"9
    The one I married was just my height, maybe a bit shorter. (now I'm divorced but that's another story)
    It is important that he makes me feel like a lady.

• More from Girls
    48

What Guys Said 44

• I very hardly ever see a girl who is taller than me. I am almost 6'4." So it'd be a 6'7" girl. Yeah, I see 6'7" girls sometimes, but I don't see them much haha

Would I date a 6'7" girl? Honestly, it'd be kind of a turn off in the looks department for me, since I like shorter girls than I and tend to find them more attractive. However, the height wouldn't be an automatic no-go. It'd just be a bit of a strike. If they had other qualities that I liked that made up for it, for sure I'd date them.

• I'm 5'6 so I'm on the shorter side. Most of the girls I've been involved with have been a little bit shorter than me but I would turn down a girl who was slightly taller than me if she had a bangin' personality. Things will get interesting if she's the heels wearing type of gal though haha.

• Well, I'm fairly tall, so it doesn't happen often, but yes I'm fine with it. Some guys are nervous with a tall girl, I don't mind it though. I'm 6'2

• 2 of my 4 girlfriends in my life have been an inch or two taller than me. The woman I am working on getting to be with is 5 inches taller than me. We met, I noticed she didn't tower over me, and she did not care in the least about our height difference.

• Yeah I'd date a taller girl. Height is absolutely a non-issue for me.

• Dated a girl 6 inches taller. I didn't mind.

• Height is basically the only physical thing that I'm particular about, and even then it wouldn't be a deal breaker or something.

• Of course. It seems such an arbitrary thing to discriminate on.

• I'd be fine with that height. At 5'4", I think I'd still be able to kiss her even if she were to wear heels to 4 inches.

• Dude your not going to get honest answers online.

• I think I would, as long as they are down with that too. But I typically assume they wouldn't. :|

• Considering I'm 6"2, I prefer girls around my height. I don't mind a little short, maybe 5"2, 5"0 being the cutoff. Anything shorter than that is too short for me.

• Sure if she's 2-3 inches taller I wouldn't mind, but past that and if she wears high heels a lot then it might bother me

• I honestly wouldn't mind.
    But there might be a few problems that could arise.
    Firstly, height indicates masculinity to some extend. Her being taller, negates my masculinity (or lack thereof) much further.
    Secondly, I'd have a little trouble attempting to lift her up xD the key problem, honestly.

But if all these factors could be ignored. Then, why the fuck not? xD

• Im 6'4" and a girl the same hight as me would be nice but a girl taller than me would be pretty cool

• I'm 5'11 so if she's taller than me it's rare and it'd be kinda cool

• I most definitely would. Height isn't an issue for me and I'm short.

• I'm a quarter inch shy of 6 feet, and I would probably date a girl up to maybe 6-5.

• I'm 5'11". I would definitely date a girl taller than me. :)

• I'm 5ft10 but I don't really care, as long as she was comfortable with me, then I'd be comfortable with her :)

• I'm not sure if I would. I'm 6'3 and haven't met a girl that was taller than 6'1.

• Yes, I would

• girls HATE short guys.

• I tried it and didn't like it. Couldn't make sense of how the "mechanics" would work out in bed, so it always ends before we get there.

• 5'11" I would date taller

• I don't mind if a girl was taller than me, even though I'm 5,11. Means longer legs :).

• I have dated a girl who was 2 inches taller than me

• I'm 180cm (5ft11in) and have dated taller

• No, I wouldn't.

• I wouldn't really mind a lady my height. I prefer my spouse to be shorter but its not a problem if they're my height. But not taller that'll just look odd. But I don't think many women are taller than me.

• More from Guys
    14