Why do men prefer dating younger women?

Most of the guys I have dated are younger than me (not much, just around 2 or 3 years younger). I don't know why i feel more comfortable with younger male, but close to my age.

Why men prefer younger women? maybe the way of thinking? maybe you think they are more beautiful?

Why?

• I feel more comfortable with younger because I am not as mature as women of my age and older ones.
  • Because they are more beautiful.
  • I have dated older women.
  • Is the same to me, while the age difference is not too much, is the same

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think its a matter of preference. We have more chances with younger girls than with older. I honestly prefer older but have been more successful with younger. I have many times heard the woman saying ''... and you're 2 years younger than me...'' and dumping me on the spot.
    You make young men happy.

Most Helpful Girl

• They may prefer them because they don't have as much experience so they feel safer and feel like they won't have to prove themselves or seem smart, or always be mature. I think they want someone with whom they can behave like a child and that girl would be okay with it because she basically might still be a child.
    Or they are just trying to pretend like they're still in high school, only this time they have a girlfriend who goes to high school. xD
    (this last one I got from a dude on here - love the comparison)
    Or they feel that manipulating younger women is easier.

What Guys Said 61

• I think the biggest reason men date younger women is the confidence factor. People who are older usually have more like experience, so we assume they're a high quality person. That makes it harder for men to be as confident around older women, and confidence is a huge factor in attracting a woman.

For example, in the business world, would you rather hire someone with 5 years work experience or 15 years work experience? Of course it is possible that the person with 5 years work experience is more skilled, but the odds are that the person with 15 years work experience will make a better employee.

Likewise, it is more likely that someone older has more like and relationship experience and will therefore be a better partner. Thus it is easier for guys to be more confident around younger women. I'm 29, have all my college debt paid off, have a nice truck that is paid off with a custom sound system, a great job that pays well over the average salary in the country, so it would be very easy for me to be confident around a 19 year old woman who's just starting college, getting into debt, drives a 15 year old sedan, and who hasn't dated anything but immature college guys.

Of course there's also the issue of kids and younger women being more fertile, but I don't think that plays anywhere near as much of a factor in today's culture as confidence does.

• nah its cuz they look more attractive.

• If you take care of your body, 30-35 is when you look your best in my opinion. When you're 20 and just finishing up puberty you have all those extra hormones and you don't really have to try too hard.

Also, a lot of younger women haven't quite learned hot to dress properly yet, or can't yet afford to. By the time they're 30 they've had the skill and money to purchase clothes that look stylish and sexy. They are 20 year olds who are very stylish, but not they are the exception not the rule.

I've gone out with women 10 years younger than me, as well as 5 years older, both were very high quality and beautiful individuals, but when it comes to women as a whole I tend to find women around the age of 30 to be most attractive.

• DUde at the workplace, younger women are hired cuz they are hotter. i work in aviation, and everytime a big contract goes out to a company all the attractive young women are there wearing dresses that teeter on "workplace appropriate". there's nothing about experience here. sexy sells.

• When I was around 21-22, I dated a girl who was 28-29. I've also had fantasies of "giving older women sex," sort of like a complete generous favor - women that were not really that attractive, but just great people. Its a good feelings to know that you're the reason someone had an awesome day, or an amazing experience to remember for the rest of her life - or simply giving someone a self-esteem boost or a reminder that they're still attractive and capable of being loved.

That being said, I still prefer younger women.

It's not because of "maturity." I've dated an 18 year old when I was 23 that was more mature than the 28-29 year old I dated when I was 21-22. So, age and sex may play a role, sometimes, but maturity is generally on an individual-by-individual basis.

It's also not really because of "beauty." I mean, sure, for women, 18-24 is a woman's "beauty" prime. After 24, it's all downhill from there. But that doesn't mean that a woman turns into Hillary Clinton when she turns 25. Beauty is one of those things that - as a man - you sort of understand is temporary. If you're lucky enough to enjoy a woman during her 18-24 prime, great. Otherwise, regardless whether you did, you sort of just have to accept that the 25+ package is all part of the deal. You can't live life just "trading in" for a "newer model" every few years. That's dehumanizing and not a relationship with a person anymore. I feel like every age has its beauty, and you just have to enjoy every phase of life as it comes.

I know the reason why I prefer younger women is because I want children one day. After the age of 32-33, the risk of birth defects increases significantly, and a woman's chances of conceiving or carrying a pregnancy to term without complications decreases significantly. That's just a medical reality. So, because having children and starting a family (together with my female partner, as the biological parents of that child) is important to me, I prefer younger women.

When I met my wife, she was 20. We've been together for 6 years and still don't have children. It's something we'll have to plan and be ready for in the next 4 years. If I would have been with someone who was 30, with the same life circumstances, right now she would be 36, or right now I would have had to significantly compromise my future just to be the father of a 6 year old.

So, that's why "I" prefer younger women.

• A MAN needs a WOMAN... meaning, only a woman of his own age will be on the same level as him in terms of goals and mentality. Younger women are just used for sex by older men who are insecure, once they find the right one of his age... he will end up dropping the younger one.

• I don't really think about it. I've dated older and younger women; I'm more interested in what kind of connection we have.

• I prefer mature women, because they know what they like, and how they want a guy to touch, and caress her! They know that wine in a box is crap, and like REAL wines, and they know why they love them with the right foods!!
    Mature women are AMAZING, because I don't need to teach them anything, because they know what they want!

• Most women aka girls since it's gag, by the time they've reached the age of 18 they have already had multiple boyfriends or dates versus most guys unless they're what girls find as ladies men, they sit at home a good portion of their lives with no one and then men end up with a lot of puppy still in them. I'm one example of those guys. While all the other guys sported around with their girls I had no one. The girls I liked didn't like which was practically all those girls I liked. The only two that had anything to do with me were cheating on me. Long story short I ended up never having the girl of my dreams while the girls I once liked did their thing had their lives raised kids and enjoyed it. Today at my age I can't relate to those my age not anymore. I didn't grow old with them or anyone for that matter. As for attraction I'm still stuck where it all stopped around the age of 18 in attraction. I've always been attracted to beauty I always will be and since I skipped a life of relationship space growing old with nobody there is nothing I can do to make myself attract to those my age. There was a time when I was attracted to those my age younger and older but my attraction for those my age doesn't exist anymore. In fact my attraction is still stuck mainly at the age where it left off 19 anought I know in reality I seriously doubt anyone 19 would ever be interested back and that is one of the main reasons I plan to and prefer to remain single for the remainder of my life.

• Well, it's hard to explain why, yes it may give such men an impression that younger looking women would be beautiful, looks wise and some guys may believe that younger woman may compromise a little more than older women, although I don't see any logic in it but it can be a reason for some guys or many guys (in general)

• Well I can see multiple reasons why it makes sense

1.) lower age girls are more likely to like you more for being "confident" as an "older and more mature person than their age" (I've just overheard my sister's 23 year old friend talking about how she wouldn't date anyone under 30 now because those guys just don't have enough to offer yet)

2.) After the age of 32, the number of miscarriages spikes up statistically; meaning if you want a long-term future and a bunch of kids, you're better off with someone younger

3.) Younger girls are also less likely to have already settled down, so it's less likely that they'll tell you they're married when you ask them out. I am not sure how much this is a factor

4.) They are kinda more attractive, yes. I prefer my own age-range to older girls, and I'm not sure I can properly relate with the age of 26 and above. I'm 23, though.

• 1. younger women are usually more attractive than older women.
    2. if the girl is younger than you she looks up to you more
    3. younger girls are usually cheerier, less likely to be burned out

• The older I get, the more older women appeal to me. Most of the women I have had interest in lately have been slightly older than me (mid to late 30s )

• Because gravity hasn't ruined there boobs or ass lol, plus they are tighter if you know what i mean. Thsy dont have as much mileage on them.

• @Minxxie no i understood that you were flipping it on him. I didn't like what he said either.

• @jjmarvin this seems like a good time to mention that i was just joking around. Obviously women are awesome at all ages. So please, calm down and please give me MHO.

• Women reach the peak in their attractiveness at late teens to late 20s. While men peak about 10 years later. So in other words, women's looks go down the drain far sooner than men's, and that's why i like to date slightly younger women, because it'll add a couple years to how long she will still be attractive

• Women are generally prettier when they are younger. It's natural selection at work. Still, some women are like fine wine, they get better with age.

That being said, I'd prefer a younger girlfriend or wife but a matured woman would be a pretty nice mentor or friend.

• younger women look better, have less baggage, there would be more time before she needs to start having kids. everything about younger women is better.

• Because younger women want older men?

• I dated 1 woman that was 2 years older. the rest have been 2-4 years younger. It just worked out that way. I would not want to go more then 7 years younger though.

• Personally i don't care. I dated younger an older.
    I think the answer is the same why women like to date men who are older than them.
    Maturity has something to do with it I guess. Mentally girls are (most of the time) more mature than a guy of the same age. I'd say 2 or 3 years ahead.

At a later age i cannot truly explain why we still keep doing that

• I don't necessarily date young women. In fact, I was interested in an older woman a while back. She found me too young for her (she was 12 years my senior). I'm still interested in dating older women (and younger). Just not apparently that woman anymore.

• To me I've dated younger and older. Younger because its becoming more and more common at least in my age range that 1-2 years younger girls are actually more mature than girls my own age.

• Do we?

Not that i am into dating, but when I were, I went for people I clicked with, regardless of age

• Age is just a number I really don't care if she is older or younger. I want to date a girl that has the following: big heart, mature, kind, polite, and has an amazing personality. All that matters is in the inside not the outside (this can apply to both genders). Also most men choose younger women because of gender roles.

• The vague answer is B. Its in our "genes". Think of cavemen times lol. But basically younger women have perky breasts the have better hips for child bearing. Its more about reproudicing offspring than anything.

• We're not cave men. We've evolved.

• No shit really? Yes we are evolved and are still evolving. But we still have these traits from our ancestors. @Azara

• I prefer my age or older, although I would be willing to date a younger girl. My expectations of her would be a LOT higher though.

• It's about instincts. Youth represents fertility and it's what men are attracted to deep down in their subconcsious.

• Typically older= more hangups and baggage from previous relationships.
    Younger = more open and optimistic towards life and new experiences. But I personally prefer my age or older because intelligence and sophistication is incredibly sexy.

• Why do women prefer dating older men? Most men go for the youngers because they are simply more physically attractive

• I am actually attracted to older women. It wasn't always that way but I like an older woman's maturity and life-experience more. Young girls most of the time don't have a clue about anything. I enjoys looking at young girls, I mean they are pretty, etc... But older ladies, like 35-45 years, especially Asian ladies get more beautiful with age. And they are actually reaching their sexual peak at 40! Can you believe? It's true.

• uhhh disease / children probability. younger girls are less likely to be diseased / and are less likely to have children. $$$$ think about it, less money burned on STD management, less money burned on children that are not yours.

• Not to be mean or come off as overtly superficial, but I think the blunt and honest answer is: 'cause they're nicer to look at and have a longer shelf life.

• Most girls prefer older dudes.

If it's any consolation, I'm very much interested in older women as well so ya know. I'm equal opportunity.

• More from Guys
    31

What Girls Said 22

• The existing answers are great, but I'd like to add another angle.

From a genetic standpoint, the older the mother, the more potential problems might arise for the offspring. Thus, a younger, healthier female is desirable.

Interestingly: Fairly new research suggests that older males also have an increased risk of passing on problems to their offspring.

• Yeah I read that somewhere too but its not the same type of problem that older women would have , it seems to be a harmless mutation of DNA of some sort and they are still doing research on it. But I'm done having kids at this point in my life😊

• Because they're prettier and they're still fertile

• It's because of the power imbalance he knows he has more life experience, a more stable career, and usually more money while she still has student debt. He knows he has the upper hand being older. I'm sorry but when a man in his mid 40's started flirting with me I was like "wtf is wrong with you?, your SON is the age to be dating me. Not you." They assume we are naive and will look up to them and do what they say. If it's a few years age difference it's no big deal but once you get up to 5+ years older it starts to get weird.

• That depends on one's individual preferences. I am in my 40's and most women I date are in college, and they prefer older men. What they have in common is that they are very smart (sciences, law, medicine, and often grad school for PhD, MD, and PharmD), very ambitious, and quite attractive. One of the girls I was going out with who was 20 at the time said, "I will never date anyone under 30". She wasn't the first person I heard that from, either.

I almost told one woman in her 40's that contacted me, No thanks, but I would date your daughter (who was in college).

Doesn't mean everyone has the same preferences. Nice to know people can come together and find each other.

• I tried going for older guys and had the same mentality for a while, but they all just had a Lolita complex and thought they owned me they were very possessive. It never got serious because I got annoyed, felt trapped, and ended it. I'm thoroughly done with older men, I've learned that age does not necessarily equal maturity.

• I like this.

• Damn people really need to learn to appreciate beauty and age more.

Scarlett Johansson is 30 years old

ia.media-imdb.com/.../...17_CR23,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Jessica Alba is 34

i.huffpost.com/.../o-JESSICA-ALBA-570.jpg?7

Alexandra Daddario is 29

www.redcarpetnewstv.com/.../alexandra.jpg

Kat Dennings is 29

1.bp.blogspot.com/.../Kat-Dennings-4.jpg

Amanda Seyfried is 29

http://www.bio27.com/imgg/otrc-amanda-seyfried.jpg

Vivica Fox is 51

www.geeksandcleats.com/.../vivica-fox.jpg

Salma Hayek is 49

www.womenfitness.net/.../Salma-Hayek1.jpg

Jennifer Lopez 46

celebmafia.com/.../...ic-awards-in-inglewood_1.jpg

Avril Lavinge is 30

Kenya Moore is 42, I can't stand her but she's still beautiful lol

www.allabouttrh.com/.../kenya.jpg&w=451&zc=1

Lena Headey 41

img2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../Lena_headey_.jpg

I understand wanting a younger woman because you want children but there are so many advances these days regarding that.

But to say women lose their appearance as they age is complete non sense, I could go on for days about attractive women over the age of 30 or close to it, not to mention the women I see in real life who look in their 20s still. And none of those women are losing their looks anytime soon.

• Do you know what makes me laugh when it comes to older men and younger women, the desperate of it all.. I don't between 10 years younger etc, I mean the Middle Aged ones chasing after women half their age.. it's cringeworthy.. something to brag to their pals about..

• a natural instinct for men to prefer younger women and for women to prefer older men. A young woman is more likely to produce a larger number of healthy offspring.
    An older man is likely to be wiser and be able to protect and provide for the woman /family better than a younger guy.

• I always thought it was because they're younger. No one wants to feel like they're getting old. That and it's probably easier to impress women when you have more experience than her. Also some guys don't have children till they're in their 30s...

I'm all about intellectuals. If you have goals, dreams and are passionate/excited about something, we'll get along fine. There was a guy 2 years younger than me who fit this. But he got into a relationship with my friend who is his age. He's the one guy I'm going to miss the most since graduating.

I'm searching for more guys like him.

• I dated an older guy once and he couldn't stop talking about my smooth tight skin after having been married to a woman his own age. It's so unfair that men get better, more "distinguished" but we get wrinkly and saggy. I'm fighting it every way I can though!! Lol

• I think it might be because of all the stuff women do to their skin. Like some will go tanning, others will buy all these anti aging skin creams that actually cause more damage, plus years of wearing makeup. The eyes have the thinnest layer of skin on the body and if you're constantly manipulating them you're going to cause wrinkles. As well as the lips, lots of women love their lipstick and cleaning it off causes those lines. Makeup just ages women a lot.

• Men get wrinkly and saggy. You're not fighting stereotypes by accommodating your thinkimg to them. Your business but there's no fight in anything you said. Just self envy.

• This isn't actually true if you look at majority of relationships there is a plus or minus three year spread.

• Majority, yes, but there is a distribution. I have friends who are married to each other with a 30 year age difference. She is 33 and he is 63. They are quite happy.

• It used to be that, in many society's (from England to Africa and everywhere in between), that older men almost always married younger woman. Like 60 year old men dating 20 year olds. This can attributed to how many woman died in childbirth and other factors. It also can be attributed to the stigma that age in men in seen as maturity (because men mature later than women) and youth in woman is seen as beauty. All stereotypes of course :-)

• I used to attract older men now younger men. I don't look for younger men the connection happens but I always say if they are too young to find someone to settle down with have a family and so on. I just can't be your Mrs Robinson

• I guess because they tend too look better.

• I like guys that are older than but only by a few moths to like 2 years

• I feel like men want younger women because they feel as though younger women are dumber so they can get away with things.

• Younger women are more fertile. Its biology.

• They're better looking. Guys are more visual.

• They're perky and naive. Men just enjoy fresh meat.

• i think that a woman who is older than a men cannot get all the things which satisfies her
    i've been with 2 guys younger than me but they weren't that mature
    i'm not with someone 5 years older and his better than those 2 younger

• i dont think they do.

• Because older men love 'em fresh pussies.

• Within 5 years is virtually the same age.

The more power and control a guy covets, the more likely he is to look for someone much younger, however. It's a power thing.

• Younger looking women are assumed to be more fertile so they will have kids more easily