Is it okay for me to date him?

This guy that one of my friends kissed two or three times is into me. Nothing more than just kissing happened between him and my friend and they were never in a relationship together, or even dating for that matter. This all happened between them a year to six months ago. She decided she didn't like him so she just never pursued anything with him. She's seen tons of guys since and is now in a very happy serious relationship with a new guy.

I plan on bringing this up with her, just to make sure she's okay with it, but is it okay for me to date him given this situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see why not, you already mentioned plenty of reasons why it's ok, you don't really even need her consent from the way it sounds

• Thank you :) No I'd like to get her consent because she is one of my good friends and I don't want her to think I'm going behind her back by doing this or anything.

• I doubt she will care but since your friends I guess it's ok to give her a heads up

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been put in the same situation but the only difference is that they dated. in ur case, since they had absolutely nothing going on then i don't see why not. but it is better for you to talk it out with her to avoid misunderstandings and miscommunications. good luck!

• Yes I'm definitely going to say it her just to make sure she'll be okay with it :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah, totally ok. But out of respect tell her.

• Yes I absolutely plan on telling her :D

• I wouldn't but if u like him why not?

• I do like him, and he genuinely is a nice guy. I always thought she was a bit of an idiot for not giving this guy a chance when she had him so now I'd feel like an idiot if I didn't give him a chance either, especially seeing as she didn't want him.

• Then go ahead better than regretting after that ^^