Why don't guys chase after girls as much as they used to?

Like if I like a guy but he isn't putting in as much effort as I want sometimes I'll give him less attention and see if he'll chase me more and show me he really wants me-but almost no guys do this! What's up with guys today?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because why chase when you can get a girl way? It's so easy to meet girls nowadays, that there's no point on wasting your time chasing a girl you don't know for sure that she likes you, and when you don't give him attention, what he thinks is "well, she may not be interested". Therefore you move on to the next girl, cause there's always another girl, and there's always a girl that will give it to you easier, so why chase? There's no point in chasing.

• I mean for a relationship not for easy sex lol

• This guy says he's excited to see me after a first date yet he texts me way shorter and less frequently so I stopped texting him to see if he will talk to me more and ask me on another date. I just dont want to show too much interest and look desperate or needy

• The same is applied. Why would I want to date a girl who does none of the work on the approach? I mean, the impression you give by not giving him any attention is that you're not interested, so what's the point on chasing a girl that gives signs that she doesn't like you?
      It also comes across as conceited, cause it seems like you think you're entitled to make the guy work for you, while you do absolutely nothing to be with him, cause, if I recall, you like him too, so why not do some of the work?
      Making a guy chase you is not something we want, especially not in a girl we want to be in a relationship with.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they dont want to get rejected.

What Guys Said 10

• Because as we got older we realized that us chasing you is kind of bullshit. Games are for children, relationships are for adults.

• Cause y'all demand equality so you guys should chase us now!

• Simple. Guys are sick of the chase; putting effort, time, energy, and often money into a woman he has no idea she's interested, especially if the girl puts absolutely zero effort.

Its your time to hustle girls.

• Cause we're taking a stand against girls being assholes.

• One side effect of equality between the sexes is girls chase after guys more often than they used to. So guys don't have to do that much chasing, especially if they have an easy time getting with women.

• Women who play "hard to get" are not attractive, at least in my opinion. I'm gonna assume you just aren't interested or you are wasting my time.

• Do you really not know?

• That's why I'm asking, can you answer my question please? Cuz I really want to know

• Its a simple answer its cause its so easy for a woman to cry out rape in todays day and age and a man could go to jail, even if he doesn't it will go to court and lawyers are expensive to pay for. There have been a lot more false rape allegations lately.

• Now adays it more socially acceptable to not to get married,

• You live in a different world now. Any guy worth anything will not chase. Girls wanted everything. Guys have finally had enough of the crap. It's hilarious girls thought they could have it all. Sorry girls you loose. Guess it's time to step up to the plate and offer more than just looks. Quality men will not chase, girls will have to take risks in the dating world, pay for their own shit, fix their own car and will now be judged by personality and achievement.

• So does this mean I should ask him on a second date and I won't appear needy or too aggressive? And that waz kinda harsh, I just always thought men were suppose to chase women that's how you know they are interested

• Yes. Ask him for a second date. it just means your interested which will make you more attractive to him. You will not look desperate or needy. Calling him every five min does, or following him around. Acting like an adult who will make effort for what she wants will not.
      Crap: playing hot and cold, ignoring, trying to make him jealous, testing him, acting uninterested when you are, manipulation, being fickle, expecting guys to do everything, wanting a guy to prove his feelings, doing things to turn him on but no intention of it going anywhere but to her head, accepting free stuff from guys with no intention of reciprocation or intrest, expecting guys to pay for your shit as some test, giving out a # when she isn't going to answer... etc. The regular games girls like to play to inflate they're ego.

• *Their
      Don't know why it autocorrected to that.

• Well then what's he supposed to do? If you start paying him less attention he'll think you've gone off him! That could cause it to end completely and really you were the catalyst for that.

What Girls Said 1

• He's not interested. Or he just can't be bothered with games.