Been in love for 5 years?

I met Austin in High-School when we were 16. We instantly clicked. Unfourtantly he was dating my best friend at the time, since then its never just worked out timing wise. Weve flirted over the past 5 years but either he has been in a relationship or I have so timing was never there for us but the connection we had and still have was apparent. Well his girlfriend of a year has recently moved across the country so he has been hanging out with me a lot. I dont want to be "that" girl who steals someone elses boyfriend but its hard when we go out with friends and he's dancing with me, buying me drinks, I dont have the chance to flirt with anyone else because he's there. he's texting me day and night when he's not hanging out at the apartment with our friends. I always have felt like he was going to be my "end game" the person I end up with. And now I really am ready to be with him. he's made it known that he's having issues with the distance and doesn't feel like he can keep going with it. Can I just get some opinions on what I should do in this situation with out making me feel like a bad person.

• If he was happy with his girlfriend he wouldn't be hanging out with you like that
  • Step back and let him figure out what he needs to do.

What Guys Said 2

• "Weve flirted over the past 5 years but either he has been in a relationship or I have so timing was never there for us but the connection we had and still have was apparent."

^so u were flirtin each other even when he was in a relationship?

i guess it means those relationships weren't much strong... ;)

"Well his girlfriend of a year has recently moved across the country so he has been hanging out with me a lot. I dont want to be "that" girl who steals someone elses boyfriend but its hard when we go out with friends and he's dancing with me, buying me drinks, I dont have the chance to flirt with anyone else because he's there."

^actually it sounds pretty much he's not very loyal to his girlfriend... it's pretty obvious he likes u since he's ALWAYS dancin wid u... buy u drinks... etc...

have u ever talked to him about it? since u were "supposed" to be friends... guess he should understand he should let u flirt wid other guys... don't u think so?

"he's texting me day and night when he's not hanging out at the apartment with our friends. I always have felt like he was going to be my "end game" the person I end up with. And now I really am ready to be with him."

^if dat's so... wouldn't he be thinkin breakin-up wid his current gf?

"he's made it known that he's having issues with the distance and doesn't feel like he can keep going with it. "

^how many miles away do u live from each other?

• Honey, he is using you because he is lonely. Don't fall for it. Back out. Let him decide. Don't stay stuck in there waiting for you to make a move. Ask yourself, is he available or not? Right now, it doesn't sound like he is.

What Girls Said 0