Is it pathetic that I'm 27 and I've never tried asking a girl out?

I don't know why but I've never tried asking a girl out. I just never feel like I'm good enough. I tell myself I'll get a girlfriend once I get better skin, get ripped, get a better job, better teeth, better this and better that. I mean there's no end to it. I'm turning 27 soon and that mentality is still with me. People say they see nothing wrong with me but I look at myself and see someone sickly looking, unhealthy, too skinny, unattractive, unworthy. Is it all in my head?

Most Helpful Girl

• It is in your head. There is a woman out there just waiting to "click" with you. Let me tell you something. As women, we are socially expected to let the guy make the first move. Therefore, we often wait for the guy to come to us. Some men are turned off by women who make the first move but women are positively floored when they are asked out. I bet that at least somewhere along the way, a woman was (or is) waiting for you to make the first move. So make the first move!
    I know personally, I find it to be a big turn on to be asked out. Find someone you like, get to know her, and take a leap of faith.

Most Helpful Guy

• "People say they see nothing wrong with me, but I look at myself and see someone sickly looking, unhealthy, too skinny, unattractive, unworthy. Is it all in my head?" Yup, it's all in your head + there are plenty of girls with the exact same mindset as you I'm guessing ^_^. So 1st you need to find those girls ( they aren't hard to find) and then take it from there. Since most girls are tired of sitting home alone while thinking "I'll never get a man" so once 1 shows up (the she likes)... it's a good chance that she'll be your girl if you have enough balls "to put her claims on here as I like to call it" ^_^.

Most girls will take it as a sign of flirting + won't reject your offer since like I've said before they wanna end up being 70 and alone with 50+ house cats who look like this i1127.photobucket.com/.../...-85f0409c20dd.jpg.png

ahahahahahahahaa

• Before I came to GAG I would have judged you off a preconceived notion that you were a weird fat Minecraft playing looking nerd LOL

But naw man it's not pathetic + I'm starting to see that a lot of people are in your situation around the world >_<

What Girls Said 4

• No, you're not pathetic! You're a bit of a procrastinator, but not pathetic :p

Odds are all of your worries are "all in your head". That's not to say that your feelings aren't valid - its just that maybe you're a bit harsh on yourself.

• Clearly you're battling with some crazy insecurities.

• its all in your head!

• I think you're probably overthinking your "flaws" too much; try to remember that no one is perfect, and the sooner you accept yourself the better.

What Guys Said 11

• It's not pathetic however, you only get as much as you put in.

If you can't find the courage to change, there are no reasons your situation would improve, unless you're counting on luck.

You know what you have to do.

• It's only pathetic if you think so. Your wants and needs are in your power of being met. If you feel like you don't need nor want to ask a girl out then you really can't feel all that pathetic about something you don't feel like doing.

• On the surface, it sounds a bit pathetic, yes. However, we all have our own issues and challenges to overcome. So the good news is you know you have a challenge in front of you , you haven't failed until you give up. If I can do it, you can do it.

• "I don't know why but I've never tried asking a girl out. I just never feel like I'm good enough. I tell myself I'll get a girlfriend once I get better skin, get ripped, get a better job, better teeth, better this and better that."

Exact same here, except I'm 22, but I really don't see the situation changing anytime soon. Everyone I know already has someone and I just stopped trying cause of the thoughts above. It's a really lonely place to be

• I'm 35 and never asked a girl out. I'm way too socially inept for that..

• Sounds like you worry too much, but don't fret, I had/still have a little. Most people do get nervous, particularly us guys with the whole "first move"...

It's not your fault, don't blame your self like this... all you have to do is walk up to a girl, or speak to a girl you know, or your friends know and just speak to her, listen to her and at some point feelings will develop - it's inevitable.

If people are saying there's nothing wrong with you, it's generally because there isn't and yes, it's all in your head :)

Girls/women want to see the real you... so if you want to ripped, want a nice car or a better job, DO IT FOR YOURSELF ABOVE ALL ELSE :)

• its only not pathetic if you're doing other shit that basically says "more money more bitches"

• well i know a guy who knows another guy who asked a girl out when he was 77, don't worry you got like 50 years left

• It's all in your head. I'm sure that many girls would be interested in you.

• There are girls that will accept you with all your negative sides or some of them. You should find somebody that accepts you with what and who you are. The rest is not important. Just get to know people.

• 10% of guys fuck 90% of woman
    30% of guys die virgins (genetic waste)
    else fuck as much girlfriends they had