How to start dating long distance when the guy doesn't like online communication?

he said he'd be willing to maybe Skype a few times until he gets back, but that he'd prefer to get to know me better in perosn. any suggestions? he always answers when i message him but i know he hates messaging and stuff so i try to limit it

Most Helpful Guy

• Not possible when he doesn't like online communication. Especially Skype is very important. I once was in a LDR and Skype was the foundation of the relationship when we were not together.

• thats what im thinking. he told me he'd maybe be willing to Skype a few times (which is a big deal for someone who hates online com), but i dont know what he hopes to get out of this when we do see each other since he will be heading back out of state for winter semester anyways. thats my biggest concern.

Most Helpful Girl

• What do u mean get know u better in person? How long have u been together?
    Maybe texting, pictures, writing...

• lmao i ask myself that question every day hahaha. weve never been together because first he was in a relationship, then he dumped her and wasn't ready to date yet, then he moved away for school and told me to move on, then i get a message from him in march saying that he'd like to see me when he's home, and we never could cuz we were in town at dif times haha, so now he wants me to wait till dec when were both here, but still its soooooo long

• U should message him anyway and tell him u miss him and wish him well. That way ur fresh in his mind and he knows ur thinking of him

• ya im thinking that too. with our history all my friends dont understand why im still into him and keep telling me to move on. i also gave him 2 pics of me in bathing suits before he left ;) he asked for them in exchange for a pic of him after he got his wisdom teeth taken out lol

What Guys Said 2

• I'm going to get some people a little mad at me, but I just think long distance relationships are a bad idea. I know it's only my personal opinion, but every person I have ever known (myself including) who had a long distance relationships ended up with someone hurt. Someone ends up meeting someone and moving on while the other is trying to be faithful. I would jut move on and find someone else. I know it sucks, but I have just seen it happen to many times.

• he promised me that he wouldn't go and get himself a girlfriend so im not worried about that part. and i really want to meet someone else and move on from him, but i just ahvent found anyone im interested in or wanting to date. so im constantly thinking about him since he's the only man in my life

• I know he promised that he wouldn't get a girlfriend and I know I'm being very cynical. However, I've had at least 8 friends in my life (along with myself) that have had long distance relationships (LDR). Every time, they end up with someone hurt. At the beginning, everyone really means it when they promise to remain faithful, but when you for a very long time not being around a person at all, without the physical (not sexual) aspect of a relationship, it wears on you. You miss things as simple as holding hand and dating. Just think about it, people are always breaking up with other because they were “never paying attention to me”. A LDR has almost NO time physical together. Eventually someone comes along and is willing to give one of the people that physical aspect, and they end up falling in love, completely unintentionally. No, it doesn’t happen every time, but I have never met someone who had made a LDR work.

• 1. arrange visit
    2. fuck

What Girls Said 2

• How long till he gets back?

• it won't work without communication.