Is it true that some guys feel superior when they torture a girl emotionally (who loves them)?

I am a beautiful girl who used to love a below average looking guy and he was sure about it. He refused my proposal. I always treated him like a king. After I had prosed, I observed, as a result he became very harsh with me. He used to make me lift up his lugage, never did he let go of any occassion where he had not taunted, hurt or insulted me. Even once when I said to him that he was very good at hurting my feelings, he said very harshly to me, "Prove it! And if you dont have any answer then stop this baseless argument!" And whenever I used to tell him that he is very special to me, I used to sense his laughter. I felt he was only enjoying my love to make himself feel better. I feel he was not normal. Might be he was hurt by someone and was taking revenge from me.

Most Helpful Girl

• My previous boyfriend was a very insecure guy and he has been verbally abusing me for more than a year. He admitted doing it to feel better about himself several times.

What Guys Said 5

• No I most likely feel so bad deep inside when I hurt someone's feelings unless they've hurt mines a lot before and most of the Time when I feel bad I make it him to them by either apologizing which is rare or telling them that they look better than me or something

• It is true when you date a sociopath

• In muslim countries, yes.

• For lack of a better term to describe him I will just say this, he was a scumbag and you are much better off without someone like that in your life.

• He probably feels your sense of superiority you have towards him and that makes him bitter towards you.

• Superiority means?

• "I am a beautiful girl who used to love a below average looking guy " You're probably pretty transparent about it and he doesn't appreciate being seen that way by you. The only guy that would stay with a girl that views them that way are the ones that will hold resentment towards you. The non hateful guys would just leave you.

• That's just what I was explaining the background to respondents here. Maybe he's in some sort of a complex. I never made fun of his face ever. I infact always said to him, "you are very good looking because you have a good heart - and there's no one like you." I have never treated him negatively. That's what I'm saying I was always good towards him and he was too harsh that I did not get it.

What Girls Said 3

• dam girl that guy would have gotten slaps from me I swear

• some guys do. douchebags...

• Yes he gets a power trip out of it