A letter everyday, is it too much?

I have a colleague, we like each other, but due to some concerns (he will leave the country in December), he doesn't wants to commit to a relationship now and be sad later when he leaves. But I am tried to convince him, he seemed firm, I was thinking also maybe he didn't like/love me enough. If I write a letter to him now everyday and pass the letters to him on the day he leaves, how do you think he will feel? Will he reads those letters?

I think the questions might sound a bit misleading. What I meant was to give him all the letters on the day he left and not 1 everyday.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's kinda creepy, stalkerish. One letter before he goes is sufficient. Then while he is gone an occasional light letter from time to time might be appreciated. A link back to home is always nice as long as its not too heavy in the subject material.

• I have updated the question. I don't mean to pass him the letter everyday but I will write everyday/every week and pass all to him at the airport before he leaves the country/last day of his work. Do you think this is still creepy? :( Cause for me, it would be sweet to read it and he would still thought of me when he reads it, no?

• Yeah, too much, a well thought out page or two is plenty... think quality, not quantity

Most Helpful Girl

• Overkill. If you need to, write one long one before he leaves. Too much the other way.

What Guys Said 2

• If I would be the recipient, I would love it. I would also be very impressed by your dedication.

Why not stay in touch via emails?

• We would definitely stay in touch through whichever way after he left for sure. But I thought of doing something that could make him think about his decision for unwilling to commit in a relationship now because of the long distance relationship later. I know how hard a long distance relationship is cause I have experience and him too. He is afraid to get hurt again because of his 3 previous relationship before (he travelled often and work at different places for the past few years), broke up because distance. I have tried so hard to convince him the other day by stating my point (as I was afraid being hurt too at the beginning but after thorough thought, I guess it could work if both of us work together). But he was not convinced. :(

• I think he may want the warmth of another woman to keep him company. I can easily understand that. You shouldn't take it as a rejection. To him, it simply can't be, for reasons other than not liking you (I assume)

• A letter every day is a bit too much in my opinion.

What Girls Said 2

• I think a letter everyday would be a little too much especially because your not in a relationship with him. You don't want him to get annoyed with the constant letters and having to read them everyday. What I would do would be to write a bunch of letters before he leaves and give them all to him the day he takes off. Letters like "open when its raining" or "open when you need someone to talk to"... that way you arnt constantly contacting him and giving him an obsessive vibe but instead your keeping yourself in the back of his mind every now and then when he opens the next one. He also keeps in mind that the letters were written before he left and he could get a sense of regret when he reads them and think he may have made the wrong choice and my be unable to get you back in the future... which is good. Make him worry a little bit.

• Hi! Yes. That's what I thought. I will give him all before he leaves the country. Sorry if the description sounds a bit misleading. And thanks for the good idea about when to open. :)

• Sorry, I wanted to vote a good but I pressed wrongly and unable to like it good again. :(

• I think if he doesn't want to commit to a relationship then writing a bunch of letters won't change his mind, but he might read them and take them into consideration for when he gets back.