Girls, I would like to chat with a female at the gym I work out at. Thoughts?

I've come to the conclusion that I no longer care if people think approaching people you are interested in at work out facilities is inappropriate. Personally, I don't see what the big deal is. I want a woman who is as dedicated at going to the gym as I am, and all my previous dates/partners have not been that way. Thus, the only logical way to find what I am looking for is at the gym (considering how many girls like to say they go, yet they almost never look the part. Sorry to sound mean, but it's true).

With that being said, I held the door for a particular female that I have had my eye on for a long time. I have no idea if she is single or not, and I have never spoken to her.
I will be truthful in saying that I have never been good at approaching females. I get extremely nervous, and my heart starts racing every time I even consider a cold approach. However, I held the door open for her today. After she uttered "Thanks!" I said "Have a good weekend!" She said "You too!".
My question:

Is this possibly a good subtle way to hint to her that I think she is cute? I am by nature polite, but I never go out of my way to hold the door for people the way I did for her on their way out.
Please keep in mind that I want to gradually build my way up to conversation with her, but I would like to avoid being creepy, bothering her too much during her exercise routine, and appearing overly desparate.
Was this a good starting point? Where do you suppose I should go from here?

1

What Girls Said 1

• Hit on her the same way you'd hit on any other girl

• How? I don't hit on girls much these days. Every time I do, I end up completely embarrassed and regretful based on the reaction I get.