Is it harder to date as a sapiosexual?

I am a sapiosexual, which means that I find intelligence that most attractive feature on a guy and I feel sexually aroused due to that intelligence. It's hard to fund a guy with a brain that turns me on, I have always liked nerds. My biggest highschool crush was a nerd and that's why I had those feelings for him. I am 18 by the way. Do you think there is a guy out there for me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Considering "sapiosexual" is just a fancy forged word for "I don't really like people whom I don't think are smart enough" which is by the way a perfectly reasonable preference; you'll probably find someone on your level or above either if you're lucky, or if you look a bit harder. So, sure, sure there is - there are a lot of smart people in the world, even if unfortunately they are not the majority.

It's easier to find smart people once you get out of high school and you actually attend higher education (college / university), although that is easier if you live in a country where it's not impossible to afford (USA, figure your healthcare and education out, it's not good for you!)

Most Helpful Girl

• Do they have a name for everything now?

And there has to be a guy out there for you, it shouldn't be too difficult to find nerds to date, they're always looking for girlfriends lol

What Guys Said 2

• It can definitely be difficult to find someone intelligent enough for you to date as you're not really looking for anything physical that some has the advantage over dating, but instead you are looking for someone intelligent enough to possibly interact with, understands you better and could actually make you laugh. I don't know... he's probably out there somewhere...

• You have it harder to date because the number of potential candidates is smaller. Look also among college or university students.

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah Sheldon Cooper