Guys, Can a guy just stop liking a girl out of the blue?

I met a guy on tinder round about June this year. We swapped numbers pretty much straight away and have been texting everyday since. We haven't actually talked on the phone, he seems more interested in texting. Or did lol. We live quite far apart but we agreed we would meet up by the end of summer. We've swapped pictures and he seems really keen and tells me how much he likes me. He can be very sweet in his messages too. I was talking to him on whatsapp on Friday as usual and I replied to him about 9 that night and I haven't gotten a response which isn't like him. We were just having a laugh and chatting about normal things. Usual way for us. He's been online quite a bit since. I thought maybe he had just forgotten so I sent him a message last night just asking how his weekend was going. Still nothing and he was online early this morning. My messages are being shown as delivered just not read.
I'm tempted to give him a call tonight just to see what's up but is that weird since we haven't talked yet on the phone? Is it likely he has just went off me that quickly? Should I ask him what's up? Please help me because I really like this guy and I'm pretty sure he likes me too. He will say that he can't wait to meet up and there wasn't anything different about his behaviour. I'm just so confused.

1

What Guys Said 1

• He could have met someone else during the time he has been talking to on Tinder or he met someone in person in his city. I'm not sure I would call seems kinda desperate especially this being the first ever call but it's your choice.

• But he's seemed really interested in me. The night before he was saying how much he'd love to be cuddling me etc. I'm just confused.