I want to ask out this guy I used to see. How should I go about it?

I started seeing this guy in late spring/early summer this year and we really hit it off so we started going out every weekend and things were going great between us. However, he eventually stopped talking to me and after not hearing from him for about a week, I texted him to see how he was doing. We texted back and forth for a little bit but then he just left me hanging and I was freaking out but I decided to keep my cool and not send a million "why won't you answer me?" texts. About three weeks passed by and he sent me a long apologetic text saying that he's been in a really bad place and was really sorry for making me think he didn't like me. I told him that I totally understand and we texted back and forth for a bit but the conversation didn't really go anywhere. He texted me again a few days later and when I asked what was up, he said he was bored and trying to find something to do. I said "same here" and usually when this happens he would take the hint and suggest we go out but he didn't and I was thinking "what the hell?" We talked a few more times after that, each conversation leading to absolutely nowhere and now it has been about 2-3 weeks since we last talked and it was because I left him hanging because I was going through some stuff. I feel a whole lot better now though and I really want to just text him and be like "Hey we should go out again some time!" But I don't know if he lost interest or not because I haven't heard from him in a while and I'm afraid of rejection. He's a real catch and I really like him a whole lot. What do I do?

What Guys Said 2

• " We texted back and forth for a little bit but then he just left me hanging and I was freaking out but I decided to keep my cool and not send a million "why won't you answer me?" texts."

^since he responded at least... it's a good sign i guess... wot was da text dat made him stop from textin then? ;)

"About three weeks passed by and he sent me a long apologetic text saying that he's been in a really bad place and was really sorry for making me think he didn't like me. I told him that I totally understand and we texted back and forth for a bit but the conversation didn't really go anywhere."

^seems like he might've had some isues in his personal life... did he xplain those issues to u or not?

"He texted me again a few days later and when I asked what was up, he said he was bored and trying to find something to do. I said "same here" and usually when this happens he would take the hint and suggest we go out but he didn't and I was thinking "what the hell?" We talked a few more times after that, each conversation leading to absolutely nowhere "

^i see... well maybe he wasn't in da mood of goin out or anything... as i said above he might have some personal issues currently... and he didn't wanna hang out wid u... although he texted u in order to make u believe he's not ignorin u i think... ;)

"I feel a whole lot better now though and I really want to just text him and be like "Hey we should go out again some time!" "

^u can give it a try... although i cannot gurantee he'll respond positively u know... ;)

"But I don't know if he lost interest or not because I haven't heard from him in a while and I'm afraid of rejection. He's a real catch and I really like him a whole lot. What do I do?"

^as i said above u can give it a try... but i believe he has some issues currently... and maybe he'd text u first as well once he's over wid 'em... ;)

• just go ask them out, I don't see a problem with it a girl can ask a guy out and a guy can ask a girl out. walk up to them tell them you want to be with them and if they don't want to be with you then thats it it's over and on to the next guy. if they don't want to though don't make a big deal out of it, and if you still really want to be with them witch its sounds like borderline love then ask them "well can we go on a date and go from there?"

What Girls Said 0