Girls, do you think my standards are irrational?

I often have girls on here going off about how my standards are irrational, even though I didn't even tell them what my standards are. So let me go through them. It's a bit of a mixed thing.

What I would approve of, generally:

1) Sweetness
2) Shyness
3) Assertive
4) They like to joke around
5) They are my race (white) or any other race
6) They form their own opinions
7) They are physically/emotionally affectionate
8 ) They try to see the brighter side of things
9) They wouldn't mind telling me off if it was necessary

What I specifically would not approve of:

1) They are morbidly obese. People here assume I am overweight, yet I have been working out for over 10 years now. I take care of my body in many ways.
2) They are generally angry about things, and use different philosophies to take that anger out on others.
3) They are overly promiscuous.

That's about it, honestly. I'd like to tell myself my standards are not too high, but I'm sure some people would disagree.

• Yes, you have very high standards and you are wrong to think that way
    32% (7)
  • No, your standards are not high and you are fine to think like that
    68% (15)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

15

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. They are not irrational.
    Obviously there's no point in me asking who you are on this site, but why would people assume you're obese if you say you work out and are fit?
    That part sounded weird.
    All the standards - sounds normal and fair - as long as none of them are hypocritical that is.

• I just saw this before I was about to close the page. Well, people here have accused me of being some fat guy behind a computer because I disagree with them about certain things. If only they could see a picture of me, but I'm not crazy enough to do that. I assume they are just using stereotypes because they can't handle someone disagreeing with them on the Internet.

• Oh... Well what can ya do.
      Not everyone is going to agree with you.
      Yo do you. =)

• Cool, thank you. =)

What Girls Said 14

• they're fine, i guess. general enough.

i always find it concerning when people are like ~i only date my own race~ which is a genuinely irrational thing to say and feel lol. but hey, at least you're honest. as a multiracial latina, i've always been careful to avoid guys like that, so it's a huge help that you're upfront about how you feel.

• I'm not sure why, but I'm a bit confused. I said that I would approve of dating anyone from any and every race. Did you think I said the opposite?

People that say "I only date my own race" seem to belong to a certain personality type. I can't put my finger on it, but if someone from an urban environment can say "I'm white and I only date my own race", and someone from an almost completely white community like me can say "I am comfortable dating people of any and every race" then something is up. Environment may not be as much of a factor in all this as personality type is.

• Omg i misread! Sorry about that 😦

• Your standards are not to high and you should stick with them. Remember "Women should keep their heads, heels, and standards high." :)

• I don't see anything wrong here. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions and to what makes them happy. I really don't think you're asking for too much. Best of luck!

• I voted yes, but I'm inda in the middle. Some are okay, some are far-fetched. The most ridiculous one is you want her to be assertive, tell you off if needed, AND be shy? tf? If she's shy then she's not gonna do that so that's a conflicting standard that isn't realistic.

• No, like I said, the qualities/turn-offs were a mixed thing. You could either give me some of them and leave the rest, or give me all, or another type of combination. Note how I said they could be my race or any other race, since race in itself is not really a concern for me. But what else did you not like about it?

• You should have high standards, it doesn't make sense to date someone who isn't great. I don't know though about "They are my race (white) or any other race," you could probably leave that off since everybody is either white or some other race =P

• Your standards are very easy

• no your standards are not that out there, they are pretty normal.

• If you aren't a hypocrite, your standards are fine

• Yeah, someone else mentioned the hypocrite thing. I can assure you that I thought about that before I made the list. But I wonder if people got confused by my list, so they voted that I have high standards because they misread. Someone else already admitted they did that.

• I was just a bit confused for some reason. 2 was because I don't like dealing with toxic people who carry around their philosophies, it wears me down. And how is 3 hypocritical? I've never had sex in my life. I don't mind a girl with a little experience, but being overly promiscuous is not appealing to me.

• Lol noooo. I am not saying con 3 was hypocritical. I was saying that's where I asked myself were you overly promiscuous yourself because you didn't give that piece of info away. I will not judge especially when you didn't say it yourself. I hate judgmental people (that are mean). Con 2 now that you explained it more I totally understand. I just feel like people have the right to feel that way especially when something terrible happened to them. But as a person you or anyone doesn't have to deal with it because it does effect a person and even if it didn't its your choice.

• No, your standards are perfectly fine.

• You seem like a balanced guy. Don't change that!

• I don't see a problem with how you view a potential partner. There are some with actual high standards, like precise looks or measurements. I don't agree with those, but that's their opinion.

• well not high but border line high

• Can you explain how it is border line high? Why am I approaching the red zone?

• Well, just thought I'd point out like I did to others that my list of what I approve was not static. You could give me a few things, or give me some then others, or give me all. It was a mixed type of thing. My list of things I would not approve of are a "no exceptions" thing though, that's probably why there is only 3 things on there. I expect them all to be combined and I won't budge on those.

There's something about having a girl that would tell me off if it's necessary that I find attractive. I don't like spoiled girls. But, I guess it's all a gamble until you can find someone who you truly like. But I appreciate you taking the time to type all that out.

• oh well in that case you are totally fine ! lol not high at all

• I think they're fine!

• To be honest I think your standards are pretty decent and I think people only say your standards are too high because they are offended they aren't everything you want in a woman. People want to think everyone wants them but when someone specifically rules them out they are bound to get angry and without a right. Like those people need to get over themselves.