Interested or not?

Ok, I'm way out of the loop on the old dating malarkey, so I'm looking for advice on what to do next!

So, story so far, went on a date last night, which turned into a great date, lots in common, no awkward silences, one drink turned into dinner which turned into going to the local Sprinkles (UK Waffle House). It was all going fab, then when it came to the end of the date it all got awkward, I gave him a peck on the cheek and he practically ran away. Now, while I have nothing against this at all, given his previous behaviour during the date (buying everything, holding doors open etc) I was surprised that he didn't walk me to my car. So after a great date in the last 5 seconds I was left thinking "hmmm, I don't think I'm going to hear from him again!" And was really disappointed as I liked him.

Anyway, I get home and get a text from him apologising for not walking me to my car and asking if I had got home safe, we exchanged a few "thanks for the great night, lets do it again, speak soon" texts, then said goodnight. Now, I haven't heard from him since, and I have no idea what the etiquette is... does it mean he's not interested as I've not heard from him today? How long do I leave it before I either text or take the hint? Normally my stance is if I've sent the last text (which I did) then the ball is in their court, however, I have been accused of "not being arsed" in the past so I'm worried if I do nothing he'll assume I'm not interested, but obviously I don't want to be too eager and freak him out :-/ what the hell do I do?

Anyone, any opinions?

Thanks for the advice - he text the next day and arranged a second date :) eek! Hehe

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, how does someone in the UK know about Waffle House? :)

Second, give him another day or so and then try again with the texting, or, maybe--gasp!--a phone call. Ask him out. Who gives a fuck about "the rules," looking cool, any of that shit. Life is too short. If he's not interested, fuck him. There are tons of dudes looking for a hot British chick who knows about Waffle House.

Good luck.

• Hehe. Thanks. Hope it's working out for you. :)

• Lol, unfortunately not, after the second date he's not interested! Ah well. Thanks for the advice anyway! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I've heard that you shouldn't wait longer than 3 days for a text or phone call. Maybe he hasn't dated for awhile and got freaked out or nervous? I don't know anything about him so it's hard to say.

I do feel like if a guy is interested and wants a second date, he'll make sure to keep in touch.
    Just an example: my current boyfriend asked and made plans to see me at the end of our first date.

What Guys Said 1

• I think he got shy and wasn't expecting the kiss. I was going to say wait 2 days then text him but I see he texted you. He's a lucky guy your beautiful

What Girls Said 0