Why do shy, quiet, serious guys attract "crazy" girls (with or without mental illness, needy/stalker types, etc.)?

Is it just the whole "because opposites attract" thing? I just feel like this would be a living hell. Why would the guy agree to such a relationship? Where's the appeal?

Most Helpful Guy

• Same could be said vice versa. It stems from a desire to never be lonely, again. Plus, who doesn't want to be normal? We, as Americans, have been brainwashed into thinking a white house, picket fence, luscious green lawn, good job, and beautiful family are not only signs of success, but normality (colloquially called the American Dream).

What Guys Said 5

• Its cause all the guys that are more confident and outgoing got the girls that aren't crazy so they're left to deal with whatever they can get.

• Fair enough. I wasn't sure if there was an unmet needs factor at play... Such as the crazy girl looking for a "rock" and the "boring" guy seeking "excitement".

• Very... very true. I personally don't mind the slow pace since I jumped too early into my last relationship... but communication is definitely an issue. Even two months into seeing one another. We both overthink everything... and we're both really patient. But neither wants to say or do something wrong.

Honestly, I don't really have much to go by with my last relationship, so I don't know how I'm supposed to be acting around him to make him more comfortable. He's had more dating experience, but they were all short-term. He says he really likes me and such, but also said he's afraid of me losing interest. I'm worried about the same thing, which makes the whole situation weird.

• Well, my girlfriend and I are kind of similar in some ways, my back story is a little different than his, but I am introverted, my girlfriend is very shy and introverted, it took us prob 6 months or so for us to really feel comfortable in the relationship. If you wanna hear more of how it went and how we manage things feel free to message me as its probably a little more than I can easily put here, but you. might get some insight.

• I think they are just more inclined to put up with that kind of bullshit compared to a guy who's more self assured.

• They don't, actually. They're usually in a position to take any offer they get, and attractive crazy girls are the only ones that can actually take the first step. Simple as that.

• I've not attracted any kind of girl, let alone crazy ones lol.

• well we don't know she's crazy.

What Girls Said 0