Going on a date. Don't feel comfortable with dresses?

So I'm going on a date with this guy to a super fancy place. Jeans and stuff just wouldn't be acceptable but I'm not a fan of short dresses. I also don't want to wear a long dress cause that wouldn't be suitable either. I feel very uncomfortable in short dresses constantly worrying about how to sit and making sure I don't flash anyone and stuff. By short I mean above the knee length and shorter.

what should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 1

• Tell him your uncomfortable and go somewhere else or deal with it

What Girls Said 8

• why wouldn't it be acceptable to wear jeans? =]
    also, something at knee length is perfectly fine if u wanna wear a dress.

• It's a very fancy place so Id really have to dress up and jeans don't fit that

• Well I don't feel comfortable wearing dresses so I kinda don't know what to do

• ok what about skirts, shorts, jumpsuits or leather pants?

• why don't you just wear stocking with a short dress?

Personally I always feel more comfortable when wearing stockings with short dresses, because it stops you from looking too skanky and you still look cute in short stuff..

Yesterday I was wearing a very short dress, but with stockings, which makes the dress seem "not short"... without the stockings I'd look like a slut! and I'd probably wear it without stocking if i were going somewhere where there's no family members and just out with friends... or elsewhere.. etc.

I say find the right stockings for the dress you want to wear...
    I personally prefer some type of black stockings... with or without design on them is all dependent of your own taste, and also how light or dark you want them..

• If you have to wear a short dress wear a pair of shorts (mine are usually spandex shorts) and they you won't be worried about that issue.

• Wear tights underneath the dress or wear pantyhose.

• find a dress or skirt that hits at the knee
    you can also go shorter and wear dark-colored leggings
    you can also wear fitted ankle slacks with a nice top and heels

• You can wear tights

• How about a jumpsuit
    Or tight black pants with heels

• I wear compression shorts under all my looser dresses so I don't have to worry about giving an unwanted show. What about a knee-length body con skirt? They're form fitting so they stay right by your legs and it's hard to flash unless you like actually spread your legs open lol. Forever 21 has tons of them for like $8 they're comfy too