Why are 30 yr old men such turn offs?

I'm 18 and many older men ask me out and I think they r gross while my friends who happen to be asked out by them don't think so. Am I weird?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's all subjective, I've known people older than me who were immature, and people younger than 18 who were quite mature, being attracted to someone young isn't that odd (to a point).

Youthfulness is attractive, that's a fundemental part of attraction, but of course pedophilia is sickening, there is a point where a girl looks mature but still looks kind of like a kid, some people don't recognize that very well, some others don't care.

Just wait until you reach around that age, see if you don't notice something about younger guys.

Most Helpful Girl

• No you're not weird those men are pervs. You're young enough to be their kid, it's basically legal pedophilia. Ew.

• No, it's not? Did they have a kid at 12?

You act like young adults are babies and when it comes to dating teenagers like me it's them who are "disgusting".

Pedophilia means being attracted to pre pubescent children. You're really pushing the limit, saying dating a legal adult is pedophilia.

• @ConfusedGrocer You know what dear? You're entitled to your own opinion the same as I am entitled to mine. If you wish to marry a 30 year old man when you're 18 then by all means do so, if not then even better. All I have to say is take care as I do not wish to argue about my own opinion.

What Guys Said 11

• Because you are 18 and are still in your teens and older men looking at 18 year olds are kind of weird to begin with. I'm 30 and I have absolutely no desire what so ever for someone 18. There is too much of a gap in experience, age, and what each member of that relationship wants.

Just... bleh... So don't feel stressed, you are not weird. Have fun with guys around your own age. But when you get older maybe someone in their 30s will stop looking so gross and weird.

• I am 34 and WOULD never hit on a 18 years old. The Gentlemen's rule is half our age plus 7. Hence I can only approach girls that are 24 without looking (too much) like a creep.

• You are entitled to have your own opinion about 30 year old men. With that said, you are 18 and you probably prefer guys closer to your own age - and you should. Are you weird? No. Not everyone likes certain kind of people, just like I don't like 18 year old girls. Heck, I'm not sure I'm even turned on by 21 year old women.

• No, you're not weird. Just smart.

• its really just preferences, some people like, some dont, some think its TERRIBLE and some thing its GREAT

goes for guys too

• 18 and 30 is a bit of an age difference. But at the same rate; it's sad to know I'm a turn off now simply based on my age.

• No they're not! xD... they are cool :'c...

• why are 18 year olds soo nasty and bunch of perverts and dirty? hmmm it goes both way. or maybe 18 yr olds need to wash their clothes and take showers

• If people don't see it gross for an 18 year old guy to date a 30 year old woman, then to me that's a double standard.

• well i don't see the fuss as you have the choice to turn them down not just keep labeling them as gross just because they are older than you and your friends are free to choose as they are over 18

• well yes and not. its normal you like men your age, but going to the other extrem of aversion towards older men might be weird too

What Girls Said 9

• No you're smart

• Your young , so it's not weird at all to
    Think older man in there 30 are old and gross at your age.

• no, you just have better eyesight than your friends

• You're not weird for thinking that.
    I understand why men in their 30's turn you off. You are young, and you find those men are too old for you.

• I'm guessing that's just a personal preference not based on any undue hatred... so, no lol. I dig older men tbh, but if they're unattractive and look like they're creepers, it's gross.

• No your not weird, I would try dating someone around your age and see what happens

• Because they're much older than you and are specifically interested in you because you're barely legal when they should be asking out women they're own age. These men have a messed up mentality that grosses out and creeps out many young women like yourself. Don't feel bad by being turned off by them.

• lmao i think the exact oppoiste xD
    but im 21 lol

but yea under 18 and getting asked out by 30 year olds doesn't feel good i get it

• Yes, you are. Men in their late 30s are fucking awesome.