Men should you date during your 35-40s?

I am a recently divorced men (been about two years since the break-up) and soon to turn 35. I got a great career, loads of friends, am very active, no kids etc. Tested the dating world out there and is it just me or its quite more a cutthroat place than I recall before I got married? Attracting girls is not a problem, its keeping them interested that is difficult. I usually date women between 30-36 and man are they ''Flaky''. Can't count the amount of times I got ''Ghosted'',''Double booked'' (believe it or not Ladies and Gentlemen, one girl even showed with another dude on our third date). So yeah. I am freaked out because it seems its like Hollywood out there: Everyone is always on the look out for a bigger, better deal. So here my question, boys and girls, is 35-40 a bad age for men to date and should I wait a few years so I can interest girls that are abit more mature or should I keep at it hoping to find an ''unicorn'' in the lot?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it is more of who is available in our age range. Most stable and collected women are in good marriages and busy with families. Great single women in our age are just far and few between.

• yeah. Most of those I meet are either a) recently single and want to keep looking for options or b) taken and looking for a exit strategy, which I won't do.

• I actually fear those that say they have ''no'' bagage. Either they are liars or in denial. Starting playing guitar again after I stopped for many years. Gradually its coming back to me, the do's and don't. Same thing goes for dating I guess. How old are the girls you usally date?

• I am lucking to still be dating my girlfriend for the last 18 years. We are not married, and totally happy!!! We have a couple of single male friends that are going after these mid 20's age range and I just roll my eyes at that because the younger women still want families.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• Honestly if I was 35 and single I think I'd prefer to just play the field or stay single indefinitely. Call me cynical but at that point I wouldn't see much motivation to settle down.

I'm not sure how common it is for a girl to show up with another guy but if that happened to me I wouldn't even consider anything serious with her.

• Honestly I laughed like an idiot and left her there. I think she thought I would be arriving to the date a bit later or something like that. Shit happens.

• Didn't really looked at him. But I guess he must have been confused too.

• he must have been lol

• Keep hoping, if you give up now maybe things won't get better in the future. Don't stop, look for what you want and you'll probably find.

• I think men can date at any age.