Anxiety in a relationship?

I'm in school I'm 14 an have social anxiety disorder.
How do I deal with anxiety in a relationship my boyfreind just thinks it's a stupid illness?
how can I get the courage the hug or kiss him first as it's not fair he always has to?

Most Helpful Guy

• If he thinks that something you are struggling with is just "stupid" then it's time to dump him. That is totally disrespectful and belittling. If you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, you can warn him, but I say just dump him. How to help you anxiety is another conversation all together, but this guy needs to go before you start that. If he cares about you, then your struggles should be a big deal. Good luck, let me know if I can be of any more help

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, since you are 14 I just think relationships should be held off for the moment. People aren't really ready to handle them at your age and obviously since your boyfriend thinks it's just a "stupid illness" he's too immature to be in one and be understanding of your feelings. I broke up with my ex partially for that reason that he wasn't supportive of me because I have a lot of mental health illnesses and I needed support.

What Guys Said 1

• Try learning more about how your anxiety works. It's different for each person. It's not going to be easy but with enough practice and time you will get the hang of it.

What Girls Said 2

• just do it!

• you should try seeing your school counselor. they can really help.