Do you have a problem with people assuming things about you and your relationships/sex life?

I've been with my boyfriend for about 6 months now. We're both in our early 20s, he's military and I'm studying to become an MD. We spend a lot of late nights together, sometimes well into the morning. I have a strong feeling that my roommates and family/friends think we are sleeping together, because of this and sometimes we just hang out in my room.

Truth is, we haven't had sex yet and don't plan on it for a while. The closest we've come to sex is fingering/HJ.

Is it just me dealing with this problem, or are there people on the same boat as me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I'm not a virgin, but because I'm shy people think I am.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't say I blame them. When 2 adults who are in love are in a room alone together people are not going to assume you are playing checkers. I don't really see the big deal over this assumption. Yea my friend told me she is not having sex with her boyfriend too but now she is 31 weeks pregnant

What Guys Said 2

• Everyone talks, and presumes things, but they don't mean nothing by it, their just curious.

• It's pretty much standard to assume something is happening but it doesn't really matter. you're just adults being adults

What Girls Said 2

• They probably assume you're having sex because that's what normal people do with their significant others...

• I really hate that!