Is it vain from me to want a man with staus and money?

because i love their dedication and passion to make it work in life, the way they want to provide for their women. I met this guy and he is starting to become a drivers instructor and eventually wants to start his own school and company. i feel shallow... but he doesn't do it for me in terms of money, he quit college and i feel like thats a lack of disicpline in my eyes. I love guys with status, like doctors etc. but most of them have attitudes. This guy im talking to, is nice and funny. Am i shallow? Im a very beautiful woman so getting a rich guy is not hard but is it worth it?

i just want a smart guy

Most Helpful Guy

• There's nothing wrong with it at all as long as she is just as successful as him. If not then I see useless lazy gold diggers as nothing more then a POS. And most successful men think the same way. That's why all the bimbos get used then tossed aside. They aren't successful because they're stupid.

My brother is rich. It's hilarious how many beautiful women he used then dumped that were there just because he is wealthy. He end up married to a Lawyer.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why don't you make your own money and get your own status if it's so important to you. If anything the fact that you want/need that in someone else shows that you lack discipline, not him.

What Guys Said 11

• Being beautiful doesn't cut it for me. What else are you bringing to the table? Why is only he the focus in terms of value? If you yourself aren't driven and successful, you shouldn't expect someone else to be. I know I'd never marry someone that just wanted to ride off of my success while they sit on the couch.

• What if this same man lost all his money and status. Would he then be worthless to you? If yes, then you are vain and shallow.

It's one thing to value passion and dedication. It's another thing to only value the things those attributes brings.

• Love doesn't pay the bills, never feel shallow for guilty for wanting a good life!

• Yes you're a shallow person when it comes to dating.

As the saying goes, there's someone for everyone.

• I wouldn't say so

Guys with status are attractive.

Of course the money is a nice allure, but I don't really think that's full blown shallowness.

Women do want security, so, can't really blame you for that.

• In the context of early human life, that kind of thinking was essential to having a strong family that will survive; in modern times that thinking is extremely greedy.

• If you value money over the one you want to be with I wouldn't want to be the one you end up with.

• I can't blame you for being the way you are, I can only wish you good luck with some guy that accepts your mindset

• I'm sorry but you are pretty vain.

Curious about anything else?

• You are literally the scum of the earth, die.

• You want easy life. So what. Drift along his success. So what. Not shallow. Just the basics of choosing a life partner.

What Girls Said 5

• Now you are entitled to it.

• Yeah it kind of is.

• I don't find anyone's personal dating preferences shallow.

I regularly date high profile men + pro athletes + career academics
    I won't ever apologise for it.

• Meh. The key to life is moderation. When you want one thing to excess, you usually lose out in another area.

• its not vain at all.