Is this right to EVER ask her?

I have a date soon with a girl I knew from high school. She's a few years younger than I and we get along pretty well. Recently we reconnected and she asked me to a movie, I said yes, all fine and dandy.

Thing is, I get the feeling she's a little slow. Back in highschool people knew that something was a little off about her but it wasn't a thing you could just... ya know, bring up in conversation. Although back then I heard someone say "She's cool, nothing's wrong with her, except the obvious" and the group of people I was standing around all agreed. Later on I talked to one of the people in that conversation and asked "Do you know what's wrong with her?" The reply I got was "I know what you're talking about but I have no idea."

So it's something I've always been... curious about. She is a little slow to speak, maybe sometimes you have to tell her things twice (It's as if sometimes she can't focus), sometimes while standing I notice she kind of slowly sways back and forth non-stop, I think she may a have a bit of a lazy eye, and I've always known her to speak semi-slurred. Not at all like a lisp, but more like... the best way I can put it what it sounds like an educated child speaking through an adult's voice. Does that make sense?

It's odd, but I don't like to make assumptions but it bugs me not knowing what it is. I like her, so I never want to make her feel bad or insult her. Is it ever alright to ask about it or do I just let this bug me?

Any ideas about what it "might" be?

Most Helpful Girl

• Silence is the golden rule and even in School, you know your manners and what is right and wrong.
    Keep this to yourself and with knowing that she has an issue even before the 'Date soon,' better be sure that you know what you are getting yourself into with possibly taking her on as even A... Mate.
    It takes a special person to handle someone with kid gloves who has a disability. And as you may nurse and nurture something special as time goes on, you will find out eventually what category you fall in.
    Good luck. xx

What Girls Said 1

• you should ask her.

What Guys Said 5

• Could be her personality, if she is an extreme introvert then it would make her less aware of her suroundings (personal experience) and thus come off as a bit slow. It could be a condition or it could be something else entirely. However I would say don't bring it up because it will be offensive especially so early on. As time progresses she may even bring it up herself or you might find out why. If you are around her long enough and comfortable enough you may ask her but that might be far far down the road, for know I would recomend not bringing it up.

• Hm, if I was you I'd try getting to know her better she might open this mystery by herself. She sounds interesting so I would like to understand her in your case..
    You shouldn't try calling her out, just ask her what she is thinking about and she might tell you when she trusts you (I guess)

• Ask it later when you have more intimacy.

• Sounds mildly autistic

• I'd let her bring it up.