Would you get in a long distance relationship? Have you been in one? Are you in one? Did it work? Is it working?

Most Helpful Guy

• "Would you get in a long distance relationship?"
    Yes, but she would have to both be REALLY amazing AND be willing to move to the US to live with me. Or to Canada, if Trump wins.

"Have you been in one?"
    Yes, I have.

"Are you in one?"
    No, I'm single.

"Did it work?"
    No, but the distance was not the reason why it failed.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't.
    I could say I'm in one right now but it's like a fucking joke lol
    Those things, in my opinion, don't work. My "relationship" is not working because I don't know this person in real life, so... lol
    I think it's hard because if your partner isn't with you, one will feel the need to get someone else... that's why it doesn't work.

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, if i could do Skype/ Video Chatting and send them care packages
    yes most time it doesn't work because of lot stress and pressure

• 90% of the time, it won't work. It just isn't the same as being directly together...

• I've had a few, some worked, some didn't. Sadly, the girl I liked the most turned out not to like me irl.

• Well I assumed y'all had already met in real life, but one of you moved away

• I believe it wouldn't last forever if you don't meet regularly.

• I was in one. Yes it works if both are willing to maintain it.

• It works if both parties are willing to maintain it. I've been in one for nearly a year now - it'll be months yet before we're together, and although the separation can hurt, we're doing OK. Video chat whenever possible, phone when you can't do that, text when you can't do that. Had to get a bit creative at times - something like surprising her with a bouquet is a bit more complicated task from 6,000 miles away. I went to a garden center and sent pictures, let her choose what to plant. She shares recipes and walks me through cooking them. I adjusted my work schedule to earlier hours and she would stay up until midnight to allow us to communicate during the week.

What Girls Said 4

• um... i've always had the mindset that i could never do it unless the guy was just amazing, like out of this world...
    i haven't been in one. I'm not in one... but when u come across a special person u do begin to question things.

• No thank you, that would be too painful, not for me.

• Hi. I am in one. So far it is working. However we do have some obstacles.

But we take care of each other to the best of our abilities. As long as u do ur best to love in a good manner, everything will be alright girl.

• Depends on how far? Have you ever met in perosn?

• Im not in one, but Im assuming the people started out in person but one just moved away