How do I approach girls at college?

Okay, I'm at college in Boston Massachusetts. I'm only 5 foot 7/8ish and I'm 145lbs. I'd rate myself at a solid 7/10 on a good day. I'd say there is a 60/40 ratio of girls/guys at my school, and its only the first week but a lot of girls are taken.

Now that I have the background info out of the way, time for the question: How do I start talking to a girl I like in my math class without sounding creepy. She's really cute. Also, in general, how do I approach girls without coming off as desperate or creepy?

Most Helpful Girl

• ''Are you girls super-shy or what?''

I’ve been here for ten minutes and you haven’t offered to buy me a drink or even said hello. This one puts them on the spot slightly and then releases the tension; they’ll laugh if it’s delivered right.

Haha, good luck.

Most Helpful Guy

• For specific girls, it's difficult. You could just talk to her about homework or something. You have to put on an act like you are not thinking about her "in that way" whatsoever. You are legitimately focused on the topic you are discussing with her. Wait until the opprotunity to get more personal comes up before you do so - this could take weeks, though.

in general, it's a little bit easier. Basically, just find guy friends and go to bars or clubs with them. The girls there are usually there specifically because they want to be talked to, and the alcohol helps in that regard. It's a little weird to go alone, though, so make a friend.

What Girls Said 1

• Just be confident but not cocky, smile, introduce you're self and ask her name.
    We don't think everyone who approaches us are creepy unless you act, look, dress creepy? If you act normal she'll probably appreciate getting know another persons heir first year away at school I assume you are both freshmen.

What Guys Said 4

• Confidence is key (don't be too much at one time) but with confidence and not expecting instant results you can communicate with her a couple times without coming off creepy and eventually you find something you can connect with her on and then show her you feel the same way she does and ask about things that are similar to what you connected on or you want to connect on with her.

• how bout start with :

You : hello
    her:hi
    You sorry to bother you but I like X feature you really like about her and I had to ask you for coffee (or whatever other CASUAL activity around you) - no movies, no dinner JUST SOMETHING CASUAL
    her: answer yes or no

If she says yes get her number and say good bye text her the day of the date like "hey are we good for coffe today?: and bam

if she says no just say "ohh thats cool it was a pleasure*walk away*

• Go and introduce yourself, like you're meeting someone knew. Don't overthink it, smile, be friendly.

• I am 5'8 and have never had a problem getting women.