What is the purpose of high school relationships why does everyone care about them so much?

My best friends boyfriend said " what do you mean you're busy? You don't have a job and you don't have a boyfriend". I told him i was too busy to come to band practice. but it pissed me off because he makes it seem like just because I do not have a boyfriend and I am NOT having sex that I basically have no life which is completely untrue. I don't revolve my life around boys. It is no secret that lsoteenage boys in high school are usually only looking for sex. Very few guys wants to fall in love in high school yet they still get girlfriends just to cheat on them. ? N one is loyal. No one is faithful. Relationships rarely last outside of hs. And guess what? We are teenagers. everything would be a lot more simple if we were all just single having fun with each other versus being in relationships and cheating (and hurting) on each other. it seems like in my high school all anyone cares about is "who is dating who" there is a couple who have been dating on and off for 3 years yet the guy is like the biggest man whore even WITH a girlfriend, he is the biggest player and his of knows! Yet they post mushy photos together on Instagraml all the time. Looking from the outside in they look like a perfect couple. Looking from the inside out their relationship means nothing. High School relationships are jokes.

Most Helpful Guy

• I started dating after high school and I still got my fair share of relationships and sex partners. If you don't want to you don't have to. Don't feel bad about it, but don't assume you'll only ever have the one relationship anyway. I think that's unrealistic too.

What Guys Said 3

• Cause in the off chance that you end up marrying your high school sweetheart that could make you have an awesome life.

Plus it would be a good experience (I say "would" because I couldn't get a high school relationship).

I mean, it's something to do, and it's fun while it lasts.

• They aren't jokes. They're a teaching learning thing

• Amen. I wish I had been able to get the experience (I tried and put myself out there and got absolutely nowhere).

• It's the "popular kid" mentality whereby one must be sexually active and be a drug snorting party animal to be considered "normal"

What Girls Said 2

• My relationship started my sophomore year of high school, and now we are both in College. That was my first relationship, and we are going on year 3. Some people get in relationships because they believe it's just something they're suppose to do. Others do it cause they truly believe in love and see a quality in that person that they might want to spend the rest of their life with.

• I have only one boyfriend, and its hard to find a boyfriend because everyone, including myself is more concerned about good grades and getting into good colleges. Basically full squidward all the time: 24.media.tumblr.com/.../...1nhrVs1qjbsm8o1_250.gif