Why do people look down on LDRs?

So I've been in a LDR (long distance relationship) for over two years now. We've met in person twice. And we are both madly in love with each other.

However, most people when they learn this treat me like I'm not in a relationship. The act like my relationship is fake.

It Hurts because it IS a real relationship. We have date nights and we talk and yes it does get a bit lonely without the physical contact of another human being, but it's fulfilling in the fact that he fell in love with me for my personality rather than my looks.

In the end I just want to know why people act like an LDR Isn't an actual relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because people shun what they do not understand. I really admire you two. You must be really understanding to carry a relationship like this out.

• It's definitely a challenge sometimes but It's also definitely worth it c: thank you ^.^

• You're welcome. I hope things work out fine between you two.

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess because they don't always last very long..
    Who cares what other people think about your relationship with your boyfriend anyway.

What Guys Said 2

• It gets a bad rap because the usually don't get serious, and we all know how internet honesty is! I don't see it as a problem when it's done right, but a lot of people don't want to do it right. A lot of people just want naked pictures...

• Because the vast majority of these end up not working out, and they kinda pity you, and kinda wish you wouldn't waste your time.

What Girls Said 1

• Because. The failure rate for them is insanely high.

Especially when those in them are young.

• It's no higher than normal relationships really. Plus if you try it can last. It's beenover two years for me and we still haven't doubted it once!

• I've been in one for the last three. Good luck to you.