Is this age difference good or bad?

The boy is 23 and the girl is 25

Most Helpful Guy

• Non-factor, that's practically the same age. Age gaps don't really get awkward as an adult unless it's like ten years or more. But honestly, I think people are too bound to age restrictions. I'm 36, and if I were single I could date someone as young as their early 20s or as old as their mid-40s and get along with them just fine. Long term intentions have to be considered, especially if you intend to start a family, and you need to be in similar places in life. It's really about the individual and not the age. At 36, I'm still down to party and do all the shit kids in their 20s do, I feel right at home in that atmosphere. Meanwhile, someone else my age, or moreover, someone even in their 20s might not be about that scene and just wants to stay home and watch Netflix on Saturday night. I'm sad for people I see on here who are like "well, I like this person, but I'm 24 and they're 29!" Oh my god! How will you ever relate with one another? My girlfriend is from New York Coty, and she said back home, when she was like 22, half the girls her age were dating guys 15-20 years older than them. How that works out in practice would depend on the two people, of course, and obviously it's not crazy to date people your own age. But we're all adults, we're not kids anymore, so I think these two-year age windows don't apply as well in adult life as they do when you're a teenager. Not saying you have to date significantly older or younger people, but I'd never just rule someone out based on age gap alone, maybe I just would have a base age limit so I'm not some creepy old dude with a chick who just graduated high school😆

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on what you're looking for. If you want something non-committal, casual, and fun then go for it. Guys date younger all the time, so should women.

However, if at this stage in your life, you're ready to shift gears into something more long term, serious, leading towards marriage type of thing, this thing has disaster written all over it. Although you guys are only 2 years apart, you're both in completely different stages of life.

Good luck.

• why does it have disaster written all over it?

What Guys Said 9

• That's not an age difference.

• nothingness 😂

• Two years is nothing.

• I don't see any issues that would be caused by that almost non existent age difference.

• Age doesn't matter as long as you're both happy that's all that matters.

• That's only a two-year age difference; it shouldn't be a problem.

• Girls are ready to fuck anything to the range of 20 years older, even if she's a 15 years old. As long he is hot. Woman tend to be attracted to older guys.

• I think it's okay, the important point is not age!

• you pedo! (kidding of course)

What Girls Said 14

• It seems like a alright age difference. I don't see what is bad about it.

• Sounds fine to me. There's no good or bad as long as two people involved can get along well :)

• its no biggie! sounds fine

• no.. this is fine..

• No it's not bad it's normal

• Guys date girls a couple years younger than them all the time, it's no problem so how could that be a problem?

I am 19 about to be 20 in 3 months. My boyfriend is 18. We're fine in the age department

• It's obviously fine. ಠ_ಠ

• that's not much of an age difference
    at those ages, you should be about the same station in life

• Not really an age "difference" .. it's only 2 years...

• It is not bad at all. If they like each other that 2 year difference should not even matter.

• Perfectly fine!!!

• no that age difference is not a issue

• That's not an age diff

• Both are adults and its only a 2 year difference. Why would it be bad?