Should I lie to her and go out with him?

I know this guy for a long time, we were friends with benefits for 2 months but then he told me he couldn't keep being my friend with benefits because he wanted to start a serious relationship with one of my friends. I was okay with that and they dated for 5 months I think.
They broke up yesterday and now he is telling me he wants me back 😒
I like him, but he just broke up with her and she's my friend!
He is telling me I shouldn't tell her and just be with him. I think that would be sooo bitchy for me to do to my friend, but I'm seriously thinking about doing it anyway. Should I? I mean... They broke up and she knew we had something.
It's not the first time my "friend" goes after some dude I like, so she's not like the best girl on the universe, but she's nice and I'm very very confused.

PLEASE HELP!

Please, I need help with this. Answers!

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• NOOOOOO!

That is a scum bag Steve right there. He banged you, dated your friend, dumped her, and now suddenly wants you? First and foremost: if he didn't think you were good enough in the beginning that is an immediate X, especially since you were just sex to this guy. Secondly, he got into a relationship with your FRIEND (as in a person who has ALWAYS cared about you and found you worth it). Now he dumps her and is running to you for the rebound and telling you to not tell her? He's a total shit head!

What Guys Said 5

• Don't do it. Especially if he said to not tell her. That sounds like he's a distrustful person. Plus it could ruin a friendship. You seem to really like the guy and your mind will try to devalue your friendship with the girl to justify you dating him but don't. There are other guys out there. Relationships come and go much easier than friendships.

• That's exactly what I think!!
      Sisters before misters... It's just that this girl has never been my "sister", she has done stuff to me, but I forgave her, that's why a part of me is telling me "fuck it, just do it"

• It's her time to forgive me, right?

• give it sometime... i dont like this guy... sounds like he just wants to use you

• Lying never solves anything.

• Don't do it, he is using you against her. And if you do then take her permission,

• It's not cool to lie. Tel the truth and take the consequences like a man

What Girls Said 6

• So wait you're willing to go back to a guy who chose someone else over you and now you're just going to fall right back into his arms despite being his second choice?

That makes no sense to me why a girl would do that.

• I could have been his girlfriend but he knows I'm not looking for anything serious, and I've never looked for that, so he wanted to be with someone in a real relationship, he knew I wouldn't accept because I don't like to belong to someone.
      Now, nothing has changed, I still don't want a boyfriend. I just want to know if I should be with him or forget about this whole thing.

• @Asker

You dont want a boyfriend but yet you say you like him and potentially want to hurt your friend in the process. Im not sure you should do anything at this point because you sound very confused to me.

• I think I know what I want. I'm gonna be there for my friend and if this dude keeps texting me I'll tell her he's not worth it. If he doesn't cheat on her with me, he will do it with someone else.

PS: She cheated on her too, so I think she kinda deserves it... It's just that I don't want people to get hurt.

• If you want to be with him.. be with him. Do not lie about it though. Just tell her. If she could date him after you and not really care what you think... you have that freedom as well.

• \you should be good friend an ask her for her advice /or\ just be a bitcxh and go out with him and end you relationship with your friend /or \you could just say my friendship is worth more than a relationship with you to the dude but its you choice/

• The answer is always no.

• If not for your friend, then reject him for yourself. This guy is clearly a loser. Could you proudly say that you've fucked a loser?

• She went out with him knowing you liked him. Therefor, its fair game. No true friend would do that to you, ever. No matter what the circumstance. If you like him, go with him. There's no point in even telling her where it is truly none of her business what you do with him. I have had a "friend" like this before. Everytime I told her I liked someone, she would end up dating them a few days later and then try blaming me for it. She had no care in the world. I knew she was bad news after years of hanging out with her. I got a boyfriend (I am still with him 4 1/2 years later) and we ended up getting pregnant. The minute this "friend" found out we were having a child, she decided to start emailing my boyfriend about how "hot he was" and how he "deserved a real woman". You do you hun. Clearly this clear is bad news, just like my friend was. If you want him, you go get him! Don't let her hold you back from your happiness.

• he's definitely not my happiness and she's definitely not a good friend.
      You gave me a great advice, even if I don't want to have a serious relationship with him, I will do what I want.