He says he isn't good enough?

I have met this guy I really like and he flirted with me first and I eventually told him I liked him too. After I admitted this he avoided me for a whole month and I never contacted him because I thought he wasn't interested. After the month he sent me a message saying he didn't want to hurt me but that he was just out of a 2 year relationship and he really liked me but felt getting into another relationship would not be fair on him or the other person so soon.

My response to that was maybe we should stop flirting and just be friends if he still has feelings for his ex cos I didn't want to be a rebound girl.. but he said he no longer loves her. A few days later I got another message that said he didn't feel good enough for me cos he has no job at the minute etc and he didn't feel he had anything to offer me. I told him that didn't matter to me at all and I just like him as he is.. he then asked me for my mobile number.

He texted me once but I texted new years eve and got no reply and I haven't heard from him now in over a week... is this guy interested or not? I really don't know what to think anymore and I don't want to look like I am chasing him .. please help because I do really like him.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've just been through the same thing. My advice? Just hang in there. I know it can be tough, but just wait around for a while and play it by ear. I'm still trying to figure out the same problem, but as long as you reassure him that you like him but are willing to just be friends, he might come to realize that he likes you.

And the non-responsiveness... Well, my guy doesn't respond much either. I message him and all I can do is hope for a reply. Do what you can to not get angry at this guy, because it can give him the idea that you're desperate. Trust me. Been there, done that. Hope this was a bit helpful and good-luck!

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like he's trying to get his sh*t together. Give things time and go on with your life. At least he's being honest with his place right now in life. If you don't want to be a rebound girl back off. Just because he said he doesn't love her anymore doesn't mean he's emotionally available. Don't chase him, do your thing and maybe it will come together in the future.

• He wants to waggle his willy in the fishy waters of different ponds. That's my guess

What Girls Said 3

• he probably likes you but maybe he's also dating someone else and he might be confused. don't text him anymore just wait till he contacts you first and just take it slow.

• You believe everything he says? He's just not that into you!

• Getting back into the dating game is hard after ending a relationship. Especially since he still needs to get his life together. Not having a job can get really depressing. I would just wait it out for now. The timing isn't right just yet.