Would you rather have a partner who is intellectually above or below your level?

I realize that many of you will say, you'd like him to be on the same intellectual level as you, and I agree. But for argument's sake let's assume you had to choose one of the two? ;)

• Above my level
  • Below my level
I have to admit it turned out a bit more one-sided than I thought it would. But I guess that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Thanks everyone for your opinions and voting :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Actually I'd prefer them to be above my level since, as long as they don't come off as cocky about it and you can have interesting conversations with them that would be cool. I actually think I could learn from them and possibly increase my own intellectuality to be on one level with them one day which would be even more great! I'm curious and I always like to get to know more about pretty much every subject that's just remotely interesting to me (which are a lot of subjects) :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Above. I'm obsessed with being intelligent. I met this one girl last semester in college who sometimes would do better in the class than me. It was a class part of her major but it was just an elective of mine. Nevertheless it still irritated the hell out of me she was doing better so I worked really hard to get higher scores. We were both getting A's but her A was higher than mine. I do have a bit of a superiority and inferiority complex. I work really hard to try to be the best in academia but if I meet someone who does better I obsess with surpassing them. So having a relationship with someone better would make me work to become even smarter than that.

What Girls Said 5

• I wouldn't mind them being smarter than me: gives me the chance to learn some new things.

• At least the same intelligence level, preferably above. I love to be challenged intellectually, actually I need it. Knowledge is like a drug to me. I crave it.

• i've been in relationships with guys both above and below my level. i prefer above for the challenge so long as he doesn't have the nasty habit of being condescending.

• Above my level.

• It is easier to connect with him if he is smarter.

What Guys Said 6

• I'd definitely prefer her to be above my level, if we can't be on the same level (since the question asks me to omit this for argument's sake).

• Above, that'll make me better, it'll push me. I don't mind if she's below unless it's like underground, but if she's above I'll learn much more.
    Also intelligence is super sexy.

• In my experience, they've always been below my level. So above my level would be a nice change for once.

• Below my level, but not far below.

• above, that will be a good motivation to develope myself

• Above, so that she could convey her knowledge. ^.^