How to deal with the awkwardness after rejection?

Firstly, I asked this girl out, she didn't exactly say no but rather she didn't want a relationship at this time (could be that she was trying to be nice). Now seeing her at school I feel really awkward whenever I am near her and I am pretty sure that's the same for hertoo. We have the same group of friends so I see her a lot.

What do I do? should I try and speak to her about it, should I just try and ignore her, she I just try and act like it never happened and finally how do you build a friendship back up which could possibly lead back to me asking for a second time

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Pretend like none of it happened. When I got rejected by a female friend of mines, I'll admit it was awkward at first, but then I realized that the reason why it was awkward was because I was making it awkward. Instead of me talking to her like I used to do ( which was casually) I suddenly became hesitate when around her. This made the entire situation between us awkward.

If you want to stop the awkwardness then simply pretend like that day where you asked her out never happened, and just socialize with her the same way you did before asking her out. Chances are she also feel the awkwardness too so you'll be doing her a big favor as well by simply forgetting that it ever happened.

The only time you should bring up the rejection to her is if she brings it up. If she says nothing about it then you say nothing about it.

• "Now seeing her at school I feel really awkward whenever I am near her and I am pretty sure that's the same for hertoo. We have the same group of friends so I see her a lot."

^so how's she behavin around u then?

"What do I do? should I try and speak to her about it, should I just try and ignore her"

^first of all... u should judge by how she's actin around u... is she starin at u often? is she teasin u? when u r in a group... would she stand closer to u?

generally u should have good signs... so u can see how much possible's to be rejected or not...

"she I just try and act like it never happened and finally how do you build a friendship back up which could possibly lead back to me asking for a second time"

^u mean after being rejected?

well... dis depends on u as well... if she still wants u a a friend... and if u r ok wid being just friends and nothing more... then it's possible bro... ;)