How do gay and bisexual guys meet other guys for dates and hookups?

I will probably only get an answer or two at best. Most guys aren't gay and a lot of guys ignore or suppress even the slightest bisexual urge, so it has to be difficult. Where do you go? I've never been into clubs and bars myself. Are those the only places?
I've been watching a few documentaries lately and I would be a little scared hitting on someone outside of that.

I was just reading someone's comment to a girl that she should meet a guy at a library or something. That's partially what made me curious about this. Doesn't seem like it would be that easy outside of hetero dating.

Most Helpful Girl

• One of my really close guy friends is gay, and he mostly meets guys on Grindr and other dating apps. He's been to this one gay bar in our college town a few times, but it's kind of a trashy place and not really his scene.

It's also very possible to meet other gay guys through mutual friends. So I think the more people you know and become friendly with, the more likely it is for you to meet someone through one or a few of them. People love setting their single friends up on dates if they can sense a match, haha.

• Thought Grindr and similar places are full of bots. Better than nothing, I guess.

Most Helpful Guy

• Develope an impeccable gaydar, and then just go up and say hi.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• I've had a lot of gay guys hit on me. I think they just are really friendly and feel guys out. If a guy is responding and wants to hang out its obvious.