Will he ever like me or should I move on?

I like a guy named Sam, and we both work as servers at a restaurant. When I first started working at the restaurant, his good looks and politeness caught my interest. He always holds the door for me, thanks me every time I help him, always helps me out, and he is just sweet gentleman. But he is sweet to everybody, so I try not to overanalyze this. Word spread that I like Sam. I was disappointed to find out that Sam was under the impression that I liked him but didn't care to do anything about it. To cover up my embarrassment, I told Sam that I just think he is cute instead of having feelings for him. When I was telling another coworker that I didn't think Channing Tatum was hot, Sam intruded the conversation and asked me what my type was. Why was he curious? There was another incident when I said some other guy was good looking, Sam was distant and unfriendly towards me for a couple of hours. Was he jealous? There was another incident when I expressed that I wasn't pretty, he told me that I am too hard on myself. Does he think I am pretty? We say hi, have great conversations, and make A LOT of eye contact at work but I don't think it's going to get anything past that and it's upsetting me. I drop a lot of hints that I am interested, but I am starting to get convinced that he doesn't feel the same way.

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe hints aren't enough. You need to tell him yourself and I guarantee that you will be happy you did. It sounds to me like he's not quite "liking" you but it sounds like he's definitely interested in you and wants to find out if he likes you or not.

What Girls Said 1

• Just talk to him. Your acting like a yo yo with all these unspoken mind games.