How do I tell him I don't want a relationship right now?

I met this guy online and we met up in real life the other day. We ended up sleeping together which I was not expecting and after he was planning future events with me (into next year!) I really don't want a relationship right now. I got out of a 10 year relationship in June and then got close to a co-worker who just had sex with me and never spoke to me again! So im pretty messed up right now. The guy I met the other day is aware of what I've been through but I'm worried he's after commitment which I just can't do right now. I like being single at the moment and enjoying my freedom. He's such a sweet guy so how do I tell him without hurting him?

Most Helpful Girl

• There's no easy way to let someone down. Best is to ask him out for drinks and tell him you want to talk about a few things. Then when you see him you can just mention that you would prefer things not get serious and that you don't see yourself getting into something right now due to circumstances. He might get angry but that's just a normal part of life. He'll get over it and will eventually appreciate your honesty with him.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Talk to him, that's the only way. Tell him how you feel and why you aren't ready.

• just tell him exactly that! that you just want your freedom right now.