How do I correctly kiss my boyfriend?

We've kissed like 10 times or some number like that, and he was my first kiss. The first couple of times, it was just like we touched lips. He always puckers his lips, but i dont always. He has also caused us to lock lips, he even let's me have the bottom lip because he knows its easier. But I always find myself messing it up somehow. Examples are: my tongue kept getting in the way; and i found myself not actually locking lips while he is like trying to make out with me. (In this case, by making out, I am referring to kissing repeatedly and passionately and what not, not french kissing). I felt kind of stupid so after he left yesterday (he lives in a different state) I texted him and apologized for screwing it up. He said I seemed nervous and I was pulling away too much, but I really wasn't nervous so I don't know how to fix this. Please help me fix this and be able to kiss my boyfriend correctly. I'm not even sure what I'm doing wrong at this point.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ya don't pull away. Pulling away and attacking isn't good, I think many girls do that b/c they think it's sexy. Just connect and makeout pretend you're in a movie!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Start slow with soft, gentle kisses and skip the tongue and the teeth for now. If your partner seems receptive, you can move forward to french kissing. Try to avoid letting your lips smack.

The noise can be distracting, and might break your immersion in the moment. If you do find yourself smacking, slow down and part your lips a bit more. Stay light at first. Avoid smashing your lips against your boyfriend's mouth for now.

Kissing softly and gently gives the other person the chance to stop if it's uncomfortable, as well as allowing you to gauge his interest.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Simple--don't worry about it. Just keep kissing and you'll get more comfortable with it very quickly if you relax. Don't think about it at all, just do what comes to you. Also, take comfort in the fact that he seems to be okay with what you're doing and wants to help.

• dont make out, just kiss.