I saw a mytake here the other day claiming a guy and girl can't be just friends which I agree, do you?

As a guy, I feel the only way we could be JUST FRIENDS would be if neither of us felt any sort of attraction to one another. But if this were the case, why would I bother being friends with her, seeing as she would be below my standards. Therefore, this might lead to her potientially falling for me as in this case I would be the better looking one ( in my mind at least)?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, dude. Seriously. People who say that guys and girls can't be just friends make my blood boil. There are people who have like 30+ friends of the opposite gender. Yeah, I'm sure they eventually catch feeling for all that shitload amount of people -_-

• And yes, most girls do fancy me believe it or not. I come across as dependable, nice, innocent and interesting. The perfect recipe to get girls to like me. But Over the years I have grown to be aware of the games girls play. The friendzone exists because the guy failed to make a move. Trust me, I've had a lot of friends that were girls back in the day

• Well keep living in your fantasy world of guys and girls being just friends. This is typical of women to believe their own lies. Just do me a favour and ask a few girls with guy friends "If your guy friend had the chance, would he sleep with you" and watch the magic unfold

Most Helpful Guy

• ""why would I bother being friends with her""

Because she's still a cool person even if you are not physically attracted to her

Did I solve the conundrum? I think I did.

What Girls Said 7

• If you only want to be friends with good looking people then I can't argue with that but I dont choose my friends based on their looks. I choose them based on how good I get along with them and how good a friend they are. Im not attracted to any of my friends and neither are they to me.. Some of them have their own girlfriends too. It all comes down to how you choose your friends.

• I don't know if I agree honestly. I have a friend named Albert and we are really good friends right now but there was a time where he didn't know boundaries and was starting to be uncomfortably clingy with me and I made it clear that I just wanted to be friends (this was after deciding that i didn't feel anything towards him no matter how hard I tried) and we're just friends today. The most I ever give him is a hug.

• I believe a single guy and a girl can't be just friends. I have a guy friend who's been in a relationship for nearly 5 years now and there's no feelings between us whatsoever. Purely just friendship.

• So you fancy all of your friends then?

• Nope I don't agree and why would one have to be attractive to be your friend? That's just ridiculous.

• i dont agree.

• Just keep it as friends.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah same. I only choose girls as only friends when I would never date her because I just dont like the looks at all.

• Here's what I think:

A guy can't be friends with a girl he's attracted to because he'll end up lusting after her.

A girl can't be friends with a guy she's not attracted to because she'll end up treating him like dirt.